OCR01442 - Chrono Trigger "Door to the End of Time"

djpretzel

Why, for the love of Alla, does everyone keep remixing ChronoTrigger? Everyone knows that ChronoCross is by far the musically superior game in the series. Well, at least, I know that... 3 cheers for Mitsuda!

Anyways, I didn't have as much a problem with the samples in the track so much as it didn't really go anywhere. I felt that I was just kinda hangin' out in a ditch or something... just kinda waitin'... fer the train... is that the train? No, just my brain bein' bored. Well, that's kinda harsh; I don't mean that. The mix is pretty and all; I'm fallin' asleeep.

well, you see, Chrono trigger was better liked , story and playwise. and alone, CC is bettersoundwise, I ,mean the fact that the audio quality is better, so it would be easier to understand the music(theoretically)

not only creating a musical induced mood, but also one based from memory

• 4 weeks later...

D.J Jabberbox, i'm going to asume you didn't mean that. just because the technology used to create Chrono Trigger was inferiror to the tech used for chrono cross doesn't mean that Chrono Cross had better music! Take for example, every musical score except for Leena's theme, Time's scar, time of the dreamwatch, kids theme, the frozen flame, and the sad themes, every single one of them sucked! My theory is that when he was writing the battle theme for Cross, Yasunori was drunk! and I know that it was lofted from radical dreamers wich is probobly why it sucked so much. they should have used the unreleased battle track from trigger.

also, the music in trigger was perfectly synchronised with the storyline, whereas in cross, lets face it, kids personality didn't exactly match her theme musics. and the time devourer's theme, the final dungeon theme, and indeed the ending theme, left much to be desired. Radical Dreamers just didn't meet the right standards, i mean, it was a cool song and all, but it just didn't provide the same sort of closing feel as To Far Away Times.

• 7 months later...
D.J Jabberbox, i'm going to asume you didn't mean that. just because the technology used to create Chrono Trigger was inferiror to the tech used for chrono cross doesn't mean that Chrono Cross had better music! Take for example, every musical score except for Leena's theme, Time's scar, time of the dreamwatch, kids theme, the frozen flame, and the sad themes, every single one of them sucked! My theory is that when he was writing the battle theme for Cross, Yasunori was drunk! and I know that it was lofted from radical dreamers wich is probobly why it sucked so much. they should have used the unreleased battle track from trigger.

also, the music in trigger was perfectly synchronised with the storyline, whereas in cross, lets face it, kids personality didn't exactly match her theme musics. and the time devourer's theme, the final dungeon theme, and indeed the ending theme, left much to be desired. Radical Dreamers just didn't meet the right standards, i mean, it was a cool song and all, but it just didn't provide the same sort of closing feel as To Far Away Times.

I didn't mean the music itself, I meant the sound quality...

sorry about that ^^;

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Gangara? You can't possibly be seriously hating on the Radical Dreamers soundtrack... Can you? That's a physical impossibility which I refuse to believe exists!

Spite for such a ridiculous comment aside, I've always quite liked this arrange, however the pacing sometimes is a bit too slow.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01442 - Chrono Trigger "Door to the End of Time"