OCRA-0006 - Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic

Claado Shou

Thank you so much for everything you guys have said about the project. Listening to it at school, at work, to help put you to sleep at night...these are the best places and times to listen to this project, I think. Sit down and listen to it once to coordinate the scenes with the music, but otherwise, it's relaxing and meditative. Engaging, sure, but still, it's a soundtrack. And I'm glad you guys are treating it as one.

BTW, if you guys haven't heard, I'll soon be starting another (similar) project to CS, called "Phantasy Symphonic: A Cinematic Adaptation" (tentative), based on the game Phantasy Star IV (Genesis). If you're interested in helping out with design, website hosting, banner-creation, anything you can think of, let me know (PM, in here, whatev). I'd appreciate some pre-project work to really launch this thing off at high speed.

~.C.S.~

Thank you so much for everything you guys have said about the project. Listening to it at school, at work, to help put you to sleep at night...these are the best places and times to listen to this project, I think. Sit down and listen to it once to coordinate the scenes with the music, but otherwise, it's relaxing and meditative. Engaging, sure, but still, it's a soundtrack. And I'm glad you guys are treating it as one.

BTW, if you guys haven't heard, I'll soon be starting another (similar) project to CS, called "Phantasy Symphonic: A Cinematic Adaptation" (tentative), based on the game Phantasy Star IV (Genesis). If you're interested in helping out with design, website hosting, banner-creation, anything you can think of, let me know (PM, in here, whatev). I'd appreciate some pre-project work to really launch this thing off at high speed.

~.C.S.~

Oh! thanx! ^_^

I wish I knew how to do the kool things with music like you guys can.

I really enjoyed the Phantasy Star series (well.. part of it..), but it's still one of my favorites; I like its music.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

It doesn't sound like anything came of the request of the poster above me. I have a similar sort of request.

As many people on this forum know, I am an editor of the increasingly well-known Chrono Trigger Novel Project (linked to in my sig). We're seeking official publication and are very close to sending out chapters to Square. They know of our existence and we have not been C&D'ed, so that alone is an indication that they're willing to give us a shot. We've been writing & editing the novel as well as collecting signatures for an official petition to Square Enix indicating the fans really do want this.

We made an appearance at MAGFest last year to bolster publicity and gain signatures. We made a few small waves and got cozy with some of the OCR community. Ever since, I've been getting more involved here in addition to working on the CTNP.

We're definitely going to return for MAGFest VI, and this time we want to really make ourselves known with an official event. This event will probably be a dramatic reading of some selections from the novel, followed by a Q&A session. We'd gain more attention this way, and it's better than just asking for signatures.

We were hoping that, in order to make the dramatic reading more... well... dramatic, the appropriate Chrono Symphonic track could play in the background for whatever scenes we choose to read. It could serve as an unofficial alliance between these two organizations, and I think it would work out really well.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Check to see that the track numbers are in the ID3 tags.. and get into the habit of putting the track number in the filename, too, so they're always correctly organized.

Does that one have two CD's? I can't remember. Seperate CD's by directory.

It has two CDs ill put them separately in the music folder, ID3 tags? Got me lost there..

They just scatter.. the Street Fighter Album didnt..

ID3 tags are what gives MP3 files their data. ID3 tags contain stuff like artist name, track number, song title, disc number, etc. etc. So see if the MP3s have track numbers in the tags. I'm not sure how to check in WMP because I use Winamp for listening and iTunes for tag editing.

Be sure to disable the 'obtain missing information from the internet'. WMP seems to be in the habit of meddling with files/tags (iTunes has been known to do a similar thing. It can cleverly organise your folders for you, or make a total mess of them :( ).

If you wanna avoid this entirely, try Winamp (Then you can use ChipAmp! :D ) or Foobar. There's also a Windows port of Amarok in the works.

If you need to retag your files, I also highly recommend Mp3Tag and MusicBrainz Picard.

• 5 months later...

I was wondering if anyone has the translation of the lyrics from "Schala and the Queen" and I also want yo know what language the lyrics are. I'm thinking it's Japanese (because the game is pretty traditional in its drawings and such) but I'm not entirely sure. Enlighten me.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have not heard such well done remixes in a long time and the remixers of this deserve so much props for this. The song "Darkness Dueling" is fantastic! and there are so many songs to complement. To all who had a part in this CD keep up the good work I wish to hear even more amazing songs in the future.