OCRA-0006 - Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic

Claado Shou

There are direct links on the website for you to download the MP3s one-by-one.

Well, I was meaning to have the link for the "whole" sountrack in a compressed file, just like Bound Together.

By the way...

Hehe, where are you from, Hagure?

I'm from Chile =D... very far, far away tehehe. That could explain my poor english.

You have... how do I say... cute manner of speaking. Greetings. :D

Nothing to say.... *blushes*

--

Anyways, Has anyone think about my request?

See ya all.

These tracks are YAWN-TASTIC
I'm sorry you feel that way...

Don't get me wrong. the music does what it was made (err... remade) to do, and does it well. However, I do not feel that it would warrant standalone attention if it were in an actual movie/game. Sort of like LotR, as someone might have said previously. The original chrono trigger music made me stop and acknowledge it. This doesn't.

Well, I was meaning to have the link for the "whole" sountrack in a compressed file, just like Bound Together.

We are not the others. And what would that bring? MP3s are already compressed, a RAR wouldn't "compress" the files any further.

Thought about it and as one of those who "released" it, I say "no need for that". There aren't RAR packs for OCR either and you can get all files easily via the homepage. So I have to agree with DarkeSword.

We are not the others. And what would that bring? MP3s are already compressed, a RAR wouldn't "compress" the files any further.

Thought about it and as one of those who "released" it, I say "no need for that". There aren't RAR packs for OCR either and you can get all files easily via the homepage. So I have to agree with DarkeSword.

*removed*

*Compyfox/EDIT: Zing*

In this RAR version is a typo in one of the tracks and I'd prefer NOT sharing that pack. We have mirrors for that and a torrent set. That's why I removed the link.

the rar'd mp3 pack was taken directly from the torrent..

to make sure my memory wasn't playing tricks on me I re-downloaded the rar file, unarchived it, introduced it back into the torrent folder, and started up the torrent. guess what? seeding......

perhaps you should check the torrent distribution for typos :P

EDIT: Is this typo consistent in the official mirrors as well? because it appears that the files I downloaded thru official mirrors and via bittorrent (not to mention the rar file) are identical. weird, ehh??

Torrent fixes "faulty" files. But I know for a fact that the "RAR" pack I offered had a typo in the filename and the ID tags. The particular file should be automatically fixed (checked, and it is).

Still I said why there's no "need" for a mp3 pack - we have enough mirrors. why do you ignore that? I removed that link again. And please leave it be this time!

BTW:

What about the pagefixes you were asked to do? You totally ignored that, too?

I really like the project! There should be more like this, even for other games, where a lot of remixes are made from. (i would prefer one of terranigma) Im happy having a CT-Soundtrack-CD, with nice cover in my regal now! :)

i just missed some of the best ct-remixes on the compilation:

- The Frontier

- Far Away Memories

- Town Life (on acoustic guitar)

- Predetermination

(there are even some more good ones, but they wouldn't fit in the arrangement)

but really good work at all! gratz!

Torrent fixes "faulty" files. But I know for a fact that the "RAR" pack I offered had a typo in the filename and the ID tags. The particular file should be automatically fixed (checked, and it is).

Still I said why there's no "need" for a mp3 pack - we have enough mirrors. why do you ignore that? I removed that link again. And please leave it be this time!

BTW:

If you're talking about the "Chrono_Symphonic_Mirror_Pack_(mp3).rar" on my server, I didn't use that one. I made a .rar of the mp3 folder from the torrent. perhaps that wasn't clear enough??

BTW:

If you're talking about the "Chrono_Symphonic_Mirror_Pack_(mp3).rar" on my server, I didn't use that one. I made a .rar of the mp3 folder from the torrent. perhaps that wasn't clear enough??

Compy, there's nothing wrong with herograw providing a rar file of the MP3s as they're released on the torrent. You can never have 'enough' mirrors. If this helps to alleviate bandwidth consumption, isn't that all the better? The point is getting the music out there, and there are no errors with the tagging or filenames, because the files in this rar are taken directly from the torrent download, so rest easy.

Damn Compy, let him have his rar file for download. I think I'll download his rar file just to spite you... Watch that ego, boy...

Compy may have been central to the project and put months of his own work into it, but that doesn't mean he's not acting for what, in his opinion, is in Chrono Symphonic's best interests. :roll: (sorry, reading this, that was rather confusing - in the interest of not being misunderstood, it might clarify if I just say outright that it's a pro-Compyfox post :P)

I liked the first half of the project, and I was like wow....if this were the OST of the movie..I'd buy it in an instant! And when I heard Pixietricks' voice on the second half, I literally yelled "Holy crap this is good!" Big CT fan, and its great to know that this was available. Really good job to all the remixers that made this possible for us fans!

I loaded the files up and dumped them into my iTunes and then started cooking supper. After about six or seven tracks, I was baffled at the very odd ordering of the tracks -- for example, Blake's track, which featured a medley of the Chrono Trigger themes, seemed to be a very odd introduction.

Now that I'm back at my computer, I have figured it out - someone didn't fill out the "Track Number" field or the "Disc Number" field in the ID3 tags. :(

I recommend that this be fixed; in the meantime, I'll be renumbering the tracks.

EDIT: I see Mouser X already pointed this out, and CompyFox replied, asking "Why should I?"

The reason is because many music players, namely, iTunes, sorts the tracks using the metadata in the ID3 tags. When I loaded it up, it noticed that there were no track numbers, and then proceeded to sort by artist, so I was listening to Blake's tracks first, then Darkesword's. I remember questioning the ordering of the tracks and thinking that this project's organization was questionable, at best, and it hardly allowed me to "relive the game" in symphonic glory like I had hoped. I had to go through the track list and renumber the tracks myself, which should have been an unnecessary activity, and I felt it ruined, a little bit, the impact of some of the first time listening to the track.

I advise that this project (and all future OCR projects) include track numbering. Like it ir not, iTunes, and its associated iPod are insanely popular and the average new listener might well be in fact downloading this project to listen on their iPod or iTunes.

I've heard two of your performances thus far pixietricks, and i gotta say, kick-frickin'-ass!

To Far Away Times & Schala and The Queen

i got these tracks two months earlier and they are totally awesome. pixietricks has a sweet voice and when i heard those tracks i couldn't wait to get the rest. good job everyone!

Just listening to a bit of CS.. excellent work.

Honestly moved to hear this soundtrack in full orchestral.

Though a bit of the artists have dev'd into other styles, goes to show a huge amount of talent.

(*plus kudos to pixie! words just can't describe the angelic voice you have)

Looks like someone didn't read the rules and posted a review in the other thread. Because I'm not totally heartless, I'm going to quote the review here.

dear Chrono Symphonic team, thank you for recreating my most beloved game music ever. I was and always will be quiet in anticipation of my dearest game when enjoying your recreation and thank you deep down from the bottom of my heart. You recreated something more than music:

true emotion! laughter and smile - tears and cry