OCRA-0006 - Chrono Trigger: Chrono Symphonic

Claado Shou

Looks like someone didn't read the rules and posted a review in the other thread. Because I'm not totally heartless, I'm going to quote the review here.
dear Chrono Symphonic team, thank you for recreating my most beloved game music ever. I was and always will be quiet in anticipation of my dearest game when enjoying your recreation and thank you deep down from the bottom of my heart. You recreated something more than music:

true emotion! laughter and smile - tears and cry

seraphia: ok, I take it back

(j/k)

Great project!

I was a bit skeptical about the whole "symphonic/cinematic" idea, but I have to admit that this project came out well. Sure, it is still sort of a mixed bag, but overall I would rate it a success.

My absolute favorite is mv's Darkest Omen. It blows away my previos favorite on the site, which was actually also done by mv - Time Chill.

Again... somebody couldn't read the topic title, so I'll be closing the other thread till there're some news taking place. Sorry about that. Here's the feedback from the other thread:

Dudes! I just registered on these forums in order to say THANK YOU. I only heard of this Symphonic project today because I was searching Chrono Trigger music over the internet after a long time. Although it seems that this has been going on for a while, I must say this is just what CT needs. While Brink of Time was a nice arranged album, fans have made something even nicer! AWESOME. Keep up the good work.

So... When are we going to revamp the game with updated graphics, gameplay, additional sidequests and TECHS (Magus always needed more Combos)... Not that CT isn't a superb game in itself. :D

Congrats guys, you are absolutely shattering my bandwidth this month. :lol: 48 gigs out of 60 used in just a couple weeks. I'm averaging several gigs a day on downloads, all for CS songs. Quite impressive. I never got that much activity for any previous remix projects I have mirrored.

It wasnt me I swear! I torrented. :lol:

Anyway, great job guys. This is definately going to be a project OCR will remember for a long time coming.

I've finally gotten to listen to CS, I'll be honest here: Except for a couple good tracks, I was a little underwhelmed. This project is by no means bad, but...I dunno. It just didn't really strike a chord with me. Part of it could be that I have no history with CT, so there's no nostalgia factor, but that's never stopped me from enjoying a lot of other songs from games I've never played before (which includes other CT remixes).

So I'll say that this project was a good effort and could probably fit in a movie, but I wasn't exactly overwhelmed by it. I can appreciate the hard work put into it, and there are a few tracks that are great. Overall though, I'd say that this project was only average at best.

Just my 2 cents.

This project has become very popular, all over the world. Here is some evidence of this:

Dear Zander,

Hello! I´m jornalist and editor of MP3 Magazine, a brazilian magazine about digital music. I would like to include all songs of Chrono Symphonic in next issue. This material is very good! Can you send me autorization or more details about the distribution terms?

Thanks

Alessandro Treguer

MP3 Magazine

www.grupoterabyte.com.br

+5511 4426 85 83

+5511 8276 45 47

I got this mail today. I don't really know about the legal issues, but if all the songs would come with a magazine, that you pay for, doesn't that mean you pay for the songs too? Or does that not count? I need someone with more expertise on this. I'm going to talk to Claado too.

Well, I'm new to the site but I'm here to say this:

CHRONO SYMPHONIC IS GREAT!

I would like to thank all the people that worked in the project. I'm thanking you all because of the pleasure you make me feel when I listen the songs.

Your work in the arrangments was a masterpiece.

I'm looking foward to new projects... :D

Hey Pixie, I stumbled onto this xanga site and the girl has yours and Rue's orchestral version of the ending song for her page music, frggin' hilarious! She even used my Chrono Cross mix once on her page before, but you knocked me off! Haha, that's great Thought I'd share :wink:.

edit - ooohhh forgot the link haha http://www.xanga.com/Yaoi_dracones

Oh, congrats guys on a great project, some awesome stuff :D.

... How exactly did you... stumble on to this site, Alex? I mean, you likey the yaoi? Cause if you do, that's cool... ya perv! :P

BTW, I've only d/l a couple of tracks, but they sound pretty good. Also, Rellik, Ellywu, pixie(I tell you what you is... A good singer), & Roe... the heck was I saying? Oh yeah, Good friggin Job!

Okay, so the ONLY reason why I registered in OCR Forums is to post my comments on the Chrono Symphonic project.

First off, I'm an avid fan of the Chrono Trigger series. I've played all the games, (yes, including hacked versions of Radical Dreamers for the SNES). And after playing every single one of the games I've always had a yearning for something more. A sequel? A prequel? Who knows! All I know is that after Chrono Cross, I've wanted a little something else. I've waited and waited, hoping that maybe a new game will come out. Or maybe, even a 3D remake of Chrono Trigger! (God, can you imagine that?!)

The music is just brilliantly rearranged! I'll be honest and say this straight forth: I'm no musician. But you know what? That doesn't matter to me! What matters is that I'm an average consumer/listener who loves what he hears! And I definitely love the entire soundtrack. If ever there was such a real movie made, I hope that the producers/directors put as much effort and energy into it as did these young musicians who collaborated together to bring us CT Symphonic.

Great work everybody! This project just proves to me that internet collaboration on a wide scale is still possible and achievable (yet tolerable!) ^_^

~ monie yang

(by the way, Pixietricks you have a BEAUTIFUL voice!!!)

... How exactly did you... stumble on to this site, Alex? I mean, you likey the yaoi? Cause if you do, that's cool... ya perv! :P

Haha totally forgot that might make me look weird, I just typed my name into google and see what came up, it's fun to do now and then!

And after playing every single one of the games I've always had a yearning for something more. A sequel? A prequel? Who knows! All I know is that after Chrono Cross, I've wanted a little something else. I've waited and waited, hoping that maybe a new game will come out.

Visit http://www.chronocompendium.com my friend, all the news you'd want on fan sequels or mods for chrono trigger is right there.

Honestly I didn't enjoy this project as I've enjoyed previous projects. I thought some of the music fell short of what could have been done with it instead of making a faux movie score. The Magus Battle theme and the Trial theme are two songs I thought could have been done differently and still come off just as powerful. I realize (to an extent) the direction that this project was going in. But I feel that the remixer could have been given more control of where they wanted to take the mix.

I think anyone that worked on this mix had played the Chrono Trigger game, and probably several times, so it's not like they wouldn't know the kinds of emotions and feelings to put behind their interpretation of the music. Again, I say that I know this was supposed to be more of a faux movie score not a game score, but I still think it could have been done differently.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy this project at all, but overall I found it lacking to the standards of previous projects.

Hey Pixie, I stumbled onto this xanga site and the girl has yours and Rue's orchestral version of the ending song for her page music, frggin' hilarious! She even used my Chrono Cross mix once on her page before, but you knocked me off! Haha, that's great Thought I'd share :wink:.

edit - ooohhh forgot the link haha http://www.xanga.com/Yaoi_dracones

Oh, congrats guys on a great project, some awesome stuff :D.

ROFL! Yaoi... The best part is, what does our sentimental song have to do with kissing guys? :lol: