Tetris Attack Remix Project (Mixers: Sign up at the Forum)

Bren

Sadly, the project will be coming to a premature close, due to severe inactivity over the past few months. I will be stepping down, but anyone who would like to try and take over the project need only contact me and they have my full permission.

SPC archive (modified for project)

Project forum

The current WIP due date is: pending

Mixers wanted! You know the drill

If you would like to join the mixing team, send me a private message with a demonstration of your work, and Ill get back to you as quick as I can.

Attention Remixers!

If you definitely cannot finish your song in time, or you won't be able to stay in the project for any reason, please let me know as soon as possible. This is very important.

Theme: For those of you who are unfamiliar with the game, Tetris attack is a puzzle game which uses the characters from Yoshi's Island. The two games are completely different and have two distinct soundtracks. There are a few modes of play in the game. This project will focus on the 1 player Vs mode:

Bowser casts a spell on the inhabitants of Yoshi's Island which causes them to become evil. Yoshi has to defeat them (in this case, through a puzzle vs game) to turn them back to normal. Once he saves all of the inhabitants, he ventures into Mount Wickedness to defeat Bowser and his henchmen. That is the theme in a nutshell.

Aside from remixing, there will also be a need for talented artists for cover art and possibly other artwork based on the game's theme and characters.

Track Lineup:

-------------------------

Blue = Free track

Red = Claimed WIP

Green = Finished

-------------------------

1. Title - Junkmonkey

2. Yoshi Stage - POCKETMAN

3. "Mount Wickedness" + "Bowser's Minion Appears" - *FREE*

4. Cloud Stage - Usa

5. Cloud Stage Panic - DJ Riott

6. Snow Stage - Chavous

7. Forest Stage - V___

8. Forest Stage Panic - *FREE*

9. Flower Stage - V___

10. Water Stage - Nick Tam

11. Water Stage Panic - Xaleph (Seraphim)

12. Sea Stage - Hetcenus

13. Sea Stage Panic - Xaleph (Seraphim)

14. Blaze Stage - Nathan Black

15. Blaze Stage Panic - *FREE*

16. Lunar Stage - Siamey

17. Lunar Stage Panic - Xaleph (Seraphim)

18. Bowser's Minion Stage - *FREE*

19. Bowser Awakens - JustChris

20. Bowser Stage & Panic - *FREE*

21. Continue - Junkmonkey

22. Credits - abg

Hell yeah!

Tetris Attack rocked my 8-bit grayscale world

It did? Because I thought the SNES was 16-bit. :P

Though, I was thinking of an original Tetris remake when I saw this thread, this is still a great idea.

It was on GameBoy, as well as SNES. It was one of my first ever GB games, along with Donkey Kong and StarWars. Good times :) I can't wait to hear this album. Good luck guys :D

Thanks Arek!

Bump

Offtopic, but does Lungfish say anything when you do a combo or chain? It always sounded like "Roooom" to me.

I think Lungfish's attack sound is just a weird sound he makes...not necessarily any word. On a side note, I got a good laugh out of thr first time I battled Kamek and he said "Hocus Pocus" for every chain or combo he made :lol:

Thanks Arek!
Bump

Offtopic, but does Lungfish say anything when you do a combo or chain? It always sounded like "Roooom" to me.

I think Lungfish's attack sound is just a weird sound he makes...not necessarily any word. On a side note, I got a good laugh out of thr first time I battled Kamek and he said "Hocus Pocus" for every chain or combo he made :lol:

Kamek just pissed me off whenever he said that. It's like "Hocus Pocus Hocus Pocus Hocus Pocus" and I'd start getting owned.

I'm really looking forward to the normal Forest Stage remix. Love that level's music.

EDIT: I'm also looking forward to the credits remix, probably the best song in the game in my opinion.

Even if this does somehow fail (which it won't) Taucer & his juggling will save the day

All we need now is pretty buttons for our sigs

How about this?

TetrisTriumphlogo.jpg

Of course it isn't done. I'm not sure about the whole pixelated Yoshi. I'll probably make it smaller when it is actually finished, I just needed that size when I was arranging the blocks to form "TETRIS".

Even if this does somehow fail (which it won't) Taucer & his juggling will save the day

All we need now is pretty buttons for our sigs

How about this?

TetrisTriumphlogo.jpg

Of course it isn't done. I'm not sure about the whole pixelated Yoshi. I'll probably make it smaller when it is actually finished, I just needed that size when I was arranging the blocks to form "TETRIS".

Looks pretty good so far. I think it needs a background though. Also...there's no official title for the project yet...Perhaps it would be best if you wait for the final title of the project to finalize the button.

Also, this is a reminder for all remixers involved to sign up at the kazorum forum (link is on the front page)