Final Fantasy 6- Beginning (terra theme)

Zeroboros

A terra theme remix I really ended up getting into for a long time. there are some things i need to tweak but i needed to get the general idea out. Hopefully you guys can give some constructive feedback and help me fine tune this badboy so i can post it up for submission. Any Constructive and otherwise feedback is much appreciated!:)

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12077396&q=hi&newref=1

the snare is quiet? hmmmm......will check that later on today as i go. Might adjust the settings on the limiter i have on the guitar to. I'll see how that goes. Oh and to answer your question 210LG, I use FL Studio 10.

Well, according to my new headphones, the snare is quiet after 0:18 (I've already slightly adjusted volumes to get a comparable volume to my previous ones).

Cool, I can give FL-specific advice if you want.

Hey, I like this. I would say that I think the guitar work in the beginning is choppy...might want to look at your sequencing or find someone to play it live. The second guitar entrance at around 1:50 is better, but I think that's because you're doubling it there so it covers up the "fakeness" of the sound. It happens again at 3:20 or so. To me, it's the unnatural cutoff of that sound - might want to extend the release and you'd be in better shape. Then again I'm a guitar player and I can be picky :)

thanks for the tip on the guitar bit. i did know that the guitar solo's were rigid but i did want to get the general idea. Plus, I'd rather hear it from a guitar player since im using guitar samples anyway :P will post adjustments later on tonight.anything more would be beneficial

• 3 weeks later...

Really loud. Especially loud high-end percussion and other high stuff. Tone that stuff down a bit. Piano is a bit soft compared to the electronic instrumentation.

One minute in, source is obvious. Some weird harmonies behind it. I hear references and use of the source's backing elsewhere in the track, so it should be in the clear source-wise.

Ending feels a bit lame. Not so much the fade, but that nothing else changed during the ending. You just drop to a solo and fade once the solo is over. Feels a bit cheap.

Too loud stuff, and with some other minor mixing problems. Weird harmonies. Boring ending. Otherwise it works quite well. A bit too much saturation and other loudening. Balance it better and you should have a pretty good shot at the site here.

Cool stuff. :D

Really loud. Especially loud high-end percussion and other high stuff. Tone that stuff down a bit. Piano is a bit soft compared to the electronic instrumentation.

One minute in, source is obvious. Some weird harmonies behind it. I hear references and use of the source's backing elsewhere in the track, so it should be in the clear source-wise.

Ending feels a bit lame. Not so much the fade, but that nothing else changed during the ending. You just drop to a solo and fade once the solo is over. Feels a bit cheap.

Too loud stuff, and with some other minor mixing problems. Weird harmonies. Boring ending. Otherwise it works quite well. A bit too much saturation and other loudening. Balance it better and you should have a pretty good shot at the site here.

Cool stuff. :D

thank godness you told me that man!! been getting hammered with work and other responsibilites so i haven't had a chance to hop back on the PC and rework it. thank you for the constructive feedback, cause this'll definitely help! of to work on it now!