EastWest/FL Studio Issues

At some point in the last week, I've found I can no longer run any of the EastWest instruments through FL Studio. Now it tells me that "QtCore4.dll" is missing... but it's not, it's right there where it always was. They work in standalone mode, but FL Studio will not load them for that reason.

Also, for a long time now I've had an issue with Stormdrum 2. About 1/4 of the instruments only load instruments that play in the right speaker only. Going left drowns them out, and there are no left-panned instruments for the same.

Anyone familiar with these issues? I'm talking with their customer service but, as usual, they aren't that helpful.

Yikes... did you post a thread in looptalk? They are usually super helpful about those types of things. Good luck.

Image Line was going to be my next step, I just hate a lot of the music support and tickets and shit. That stuff is often more complicated for me to handle than I want it to be, but I'll take your suggestion here and definitely try it.

I just want to see what I can get here first.

Ok, so I just registered with them... why can't I make a new topic?

Two things come to mind (sorry if they are dumb)

1. Did you sign in?

2. Are you an actual FL registered owner?

edit: another question, did you change anything in your computer? Move anything? Install new antivirus software? Anything of note? (wondering why this *suddenly* happened to you)

Edited by Chimpazilla

Well the reason I asked was that I found this online. This question was about Photoshop but mentioned the possibility of qtcore4.dll having been deleted by an antivirus program. I don't know what to suggest... can you reinstall PLAY? (ugh...) If nothing works, I have someone else I can ask, if you like, let me know. Wish I could help more.

From my little bit of research, it looks like PLAY could now be pointing to an older version of qtcore4.dll. It seems many people have been able to get it working again by reinstalling whatever program they are getting that error on. What about at least running an update on the PLAY plugin? That might get the right file back. Here's hoping.

edit: what about just doing a system restore?

edit #2: I just fired off the question to my computer-guru friend.

Edited by Chimpazilla

From my little bit of research, it looks like PLAY could now be pointing to an older version of qtcore4.dll. It seems many people have been able to get it working again by reinstalling whatever program they are getting that error on. What about at least running an update on the PLAY plugin? That might get the right file back. Here's hoping.

edit: what about just doing a system restore?

I don't have a system restore before the problem happened. Literally everything else works fine except for that. I also un-installed PLAY and installed the new 3.0+ version and its still wrong.

It works in standalone mode, so I don't think its actually PLAY that's the problem, I think its FL Studio, but without being able to make a new topic in there, I can't ask to find out.

Oh wow, so I just decided to put Qtcore4.dll in the Fl Studio folder and then it started asking for Qtgui4.dll, which I got then it asked for QtNetwork4.dll, which I got... then I got this message.

"The procedure entry point ?ref@qBasicAtomicInt@@QAE_NXZ could not be located in dynamic link library QtCore4.dll"

...what the fuck is that?

Holy crap... well it's gotta be either PLAY or FL... if you uninstalled/reinstalled PLAY, I would do the same with FL. Maybe uninstall both, reinstall both. Also what about registries? I know nothing about those except they get hosed up sometimes... still waiting for my friend. Trying! (I know how frustrating this is... maybe you'll help me sometime through a similar problem!) :-)

Are you really asking for tech support AND refusing to update your stuff? :banghead:

Also, just saying, it's been too long for you to pull out the "don't want to leave pattern blocks" card. If you bothered to do some reading, you'd know you can re-enable pattern blocks by checking an option. FL 10 didn't "remove" anything.

Edited by Neblix

Neblix is right, you can enable those pattern blocks in 10 if you want. I still think you should download 10, just to see if it will handle PLAY correctly. 10 will install to a totally separate location than 9 and won't mess it up. If 10 works, and you still want 9, you can either find the download .exe somewhere online or I can give you my 9 files to install and you can re-register it to you, I dunno it's worth a try.

Neblix is right, you can enable those pattern blocks in 10 if you want. I still think you should download 10, just to see if it will handle PLAY correctly. 10 will install to a totally separate location than 9 and won't mess it up. If 10 works, and you still want 9, you can either find the download .exe somewhere online or I can give you my 9 files to install and you can re-register it to you, I dunno it's worth a try.

Yeah, I'm probably going to have to do that. I'm not refusing it, I'm just reluctant to because I hate this shit and I always mess something up and it's 10x harder than it needs to be.

I greatly appreciate your help and I'll try to find something reasonable to pay back your generosity with.

Yeah, I'm probably going to have to do that. I'm not refusing it, I'm just reluctant to because I hate this shit and I always mess something up and it's 10x harder than it needs to be.

I greatly appreciate your help and I'll try to find something reasonable to pay back your generosity with.

Don't be silly. If I can actually help you, that's my reward. I hate to see you not use 10 though, it's really not so different from 9 and you can activate those block thingies... although the playlist is so superior but I totally get what you're saying and respect your feelings.

Let me know what happens with 10 and PLAY and we'll proceed from there.

I was always planning to upgrade to 10, I just wasn't prepared to do it now. I need a lot of personal preparation because this stuff is always problematic on my end for one reason or another. This kind of scenario is actually middle-grade for what I'm used to.

Well you can install 10 and just try out PLAY in there. You don't have to do anything else with it if you don't want to, just see if the PLAY problem is related to FL Studio. If PLAY works in 10, then we can focus on getting you a new install of 9. And when you're feeling brave, you can muddle around in 10 and see if you like it. :)

edit: My friend finally replied. He said NEVER run CCleaner, it deletes things not actively used by Windows and deletes registry keys. Sounds like a bad news program!

Edited by Chimpazilla