EastWest/FL Studio Issues

Meteo, if you want to make a final attempt to avoid reinstalling, I can upload the QT DLLs from my C:\ProgramData\East West\playgui folder and you can see if those work for you.

Its already completely gone, but just in case, I'd be happy to take up on that offer should it install without them. I appreciate that. :)

I think part of the problem is just PLAY's bizarre program system - it installs itself in like 4 different folders at least.

There may be issues with PLAY's installer; I doubt it though, because if it had a common bug that a lot of people experienced, it'd have been easy for you to find out what went wrong. The most likely cause of all your issues is you. This is why I suggested reformatting and then not touching ANYTHING; even if you don't install or move stuff around from now on, who knows what state your system is already in?

As for the claim that PLAY's install is bizzare because it puts files in multiple locations, that's just nonsense. All kinds of Windows programs install files to various locations. NI products, for example, will put files in several locations under Program Files (usually Program Files\NI and Program Files\Common Files\NI), plus they'll make a folder buried under your user folder for user-created sounds, plus the VSTs will go under the VST folder (folders, if you have a 64-bit system) that you specify, plus if it's Kontakt or Battery, the library goes somewhere else too. The days of dumping everything a program needed into a single folder ended with Windows 95; there are very few programs that install that simply now.

Holy fucking shit.

After yet another ridiculous day of trying to get this fucking software installed, somehow, and at this point in my haze of frustration, I fucking got it to work again. I don't know how I did it, but I did.

The sample library still isn't back on here, but that's beside the point. It runs in FL Studio now like it was supposed to.

When I get my thoughts cleared up and the library installed, I will update the solution in the first post.

Thank you very much everyone who took the time to help me out here. I very much needed you and I literally could not have done it without your support. Yes, this means a lot to me, because bricking software I spent $1,200 is a big fucking problem on my end. :P

YAAAAAY so glad to hear this. Keeping my fingers crossed for a total successful reinstall.

I never thought you "bricked" your software, I knew it would get fixed somehow. I'm glad if anything I said helped or at least supported you!

And I'm sure CrapCleaner is a wonderful product... hhhhmmm don't have it myself so can't really say (computer-guru friend thinks it is simply Crap)... but yeah I'd be really careful with things like that going forward. ;-)

Good luck, keep us posted. Looking forward to reading "yay it all fucking totally works now" haha! :)

• 2 months later...
Necro-bump, I did eventually solve the problem like I said, but the Stormdrum 2 panning issue is still there. Both support and KVR are absolutely useless and I'm still wondering if anyone else knows anything about random SD2 samples being only right-stereo output.

Thank you!

I've had this or something similar happen to me before. I think reloading the samples has always fixed it for me, so I've never tried to figure out exactly why it happens.