OCR02575 - Chrono Trigger "Trigger, Please"

djpretzel

The title's clever, but I didn't take it as any kind of play on words on the common street-slang euphemistic phrase traditionally looking askance of a man of African-American descent....I could almost see Belthasar working on the Epoch, and giving this command to a friendly servant Nu.

Oh, and the mix is good, too. Don't hear enough takes on the Battle theme, instead of just being inundated with Schala everywhere...

Chrono Moonstone is pretty much my favorite piece on this site, so this doesn't quite beat that, but it's neat to see Sam redoing the Chrono trigger theme.

This piece is way more medlyish than usual for OCR, but it's incredibly well arranged and performed. How anyone is be able to perform those Gilgamesh arpeggios without any flubbed notes is beyond me :shock:.

Edit: Also, those strings sound really good, and the instruments are mixed really well.

Chrono Moonstone is pretty much my favorite piece on this site.

This. Yeah, it's tough to beat. But this is still Shnawesome. I don't hear a whole lot of string quintet accompanying a piano, and it creates a really neat soundscape. And, of course, the sheer piano skills make me look at my inadequate, clumsy hands and cry.

OH SHIT GILGAMESH. That just happened. I almost never look at the source list because I love getting surprised, and that was cool.

Yeah I agree with Kuolema, this is DEFINITELY more Medley than OCR usually allows, but it's also Shnabubula. So I can understand how that happened. :lol: This is a great ReMix, I don't remember it from MAGFest, but it's nice hearing now as if it were fresh. The strings seem sequenced but have good articulations. The piano seems quite dry, which is really noticeable during the arpeggios at 3:09. As a whole, I think more could have been done with the effects and EQ to make the mix more refined.

Hehehe, nice title. The whole mix sounds beautiful and classical with the piano going on in the beginning, but then it picks up so nicely with the strings. I think it helps not having much a lot of familiarity with Chrono Trigger's music (besides some obvious ones) that helps me avoid noticing any melody form here, and it is cool to hear this kind of arrangement for the battle theme. From classy to almost old-timey, nice work all around.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02575 - Chrono Trigger "Trigger, Please"