Pokémon X/Y and OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire (Gen6) (3DS)

Mirby

Gen1|+151 (obviously)

Gen2|+100

Gen3|+135

Gen4|+107

Gen5|+156

That's on average about 130 additions per generation. If we take that and add it to what we have already, that brings us to 779 total.

So I'm guessing we'll have a total of 750-800 unique Pokémon from all generations after this gen.

I gave up on learning everyone's name after Gen 3...I have no hope now.

why does every pokemon announcement have to be followed with everyone talking about what designs they do and don't like as if it has ever or will ever matter in any meaningful capacity

Now you know how I feel whenever someone starts a Final Fantasy "discussion".

"No, I don't fucking care that you liked Final Fantasy VII just an iota more than Final Fanatasy V and thought _insert number here_ was the 'death' of the series."

Now you know how I feel whenever someone starts a Final Fantasy "discussion".

"No, I don't fucking care that you liked Final Fantasy VII just an iota more than Final Fanatasy V and thought _insert number here_ was the 'death' of the series."

not exactly

final fantasy designs are important to the games themselves. how the pokemon are drawn has absolutely no bearing on how pokemon plays. they could all be 5 pixels and the game would play the same

Yeah, one of my favorites is Cradily, I still have the one I hatched from my Sapphire game back in 2004. "Oh, but it's ugly" everyone said... then after a year, online sim stats showed a sharp increase in Cradly use once people started figuring out that it's stats, movepool and ability let it soak up damage and recover easily, walling most mixed attackers until it could wear them down. Yes, eventually, counters were found and used, but that's not the point; people hated it based upon looks, and ended up using it based upon stats.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...