Pokémon X/Y and OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire (Gen6) (3DS)

Mirby

I'd like to hear more about that story.

I went to a tournament in Hachinohe Japan shortly before Platinum was supposed to come out there. The matches were single elimination all pick matches. I breezed through the waves of Japanese children and Man-children, but the second match I had was the best one. A kid had a team of six Pikachu, lead by a shiny Pikachu. My lead was Ninjask, and I doubleteamed/swords danced/baton'd to my Tyranitar. EQ Overkilled all of the little rats.

Then he started bawling. Called me a "baka gaijin" and ran off, presumable to kill himself for failing so horribly.

Lost to an Arceus in the Semis though. Cheap ass Uber picker.

Lost to an Arceus in the Semis though. Cheap ass Uber picker.

Gahahahaha, from a guy that uses a Tyranitar?! ;)

I dunno, if you're in a big city, there's bound to be people playing Pokemon. There's a bunch of people at my college alone that play it, and even in a town of 30k people, the GameStop's always packed on the days of downloadable Pokemon...

Hmm, granted, I do not live in a huge city, Dover, despite being world famous due to the damned cliffs, is really just an average British town truth be told, but even so I have a few friends that are, like myself, into games such as this intended for 5 years but even then I don't think any of us do what I aforementioned... yes that does not mean random strangers don't do it as well, but, I'm pretty sure I'd see people with at least their 3ds out on the way to work on the train, playing summat if not Pokemon... maybe my glasses need a clean.

That said I may have to swing by a local fail (GAME) shop for a shiny legendary... Shame that the guys who run the small indie game shops aren't on this. Maybe I'll have a word with my mate who works in the Dover branch about it.

• 2 weeks later...

You know what's a REAL WTF?!

Only battles and 'certain events' will support 3D effect, according to Serebii.net's webmaster Joe Merrick. He says the Offiial JP site confirms that the overworld doesn't use 3D. . .

Why haven't Nintendo made this clear? Pretty slimy.

What other first party 3DS games have content where 3D isn't at least an option? I feel that we've been conditioned to expect it as an option for full games (first party at least) and mislead to believe Pokemon XY will be fully 3D optional.

Supposedly they opted to nix 3D effect for the overworld due to framerate or something. Still, they should've made it CLEAR that the game didn't fully feature 3D.

You know what's a REAL WTF?!

Only battles and 'certain events' will support 3D effect, according to Serebii.net's webmaster Joe Merrick. He says the Offiial JP site confirms that the overworld doesn't use 3D. . .

Why haven't Nintendo made this clear? Pretty slimy.

What other first party 3DS games have content where 3D isn't at least an option? I feel that we've been conditioned to expect it as an option for full games (first party at least) and mislead to believe Pokemon XY will be fully 3D optional.

Supposedly they opted to nix 3D effect for the overworld due to framerate or something. Still, they should've made it CLEAR that the game didn't fully feature 3D.

Well this is certainly disappointing. I'm thinking I will actually get a 3DS XL and Animal Xing: New Leaf and Pokemon XY. Eh I guess since I'm not a long-time 3DS player I can't really be bothered by this. But I see that you're bothered by it so, it's lame!

To be honest, in a top down RPG, 3D isn't even a feature striven for. Shin Megami Tensei uses 3D. Pokemon does not. Final Fantasy 13 would use 3D. Final Fantasy 1 would not.

Pokemon using 3D IN BATTLE is actually a cool concept, and a lot of people have issues with constant 3D use so hey I'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt and give it a "it doesn't really matter so it's whatever man."

So yeah

It doesn't really matter so it's whatever man.