Pokémon X/Y and OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire (Gen6) (3DS)

Mirby

I said I have all the wild berries. Also got most of the current known mutations (waiting on kee and maranga to happen, all trees are currently in mini stage atm).

I'm probably going to start breeding for perfect IVs of my favorite pokemons/current team and test all possible mutations before I reach that 100 wins lansat berry though. Do want starf for making juice.

I used wonder trade. Am I gonna die?

As far as I've read, the bad trades are few and far between. They can be kept under control if it DOES happen by basically quarantining the box that they've been sent to, taking all the other pokemon out of it. It's the use (moving, attempting to trade, attempting to release) that spreads the bad code at this point so yes, you'll likely be hampered in some way BUT worst-case is to send all your good pokemon to a friend and start the game over. A hassle but that's what you'll be risking if you do wonder trade until/unless it gets addressed.

I've done two wonder trades so far and they've ended up being pretty good for me. The first one I stumbled upon Dunsparce twice (a very rare find in the starter routes) so I figured I would do someone a favor by wonder trading it and got a Magneton, then traded an extra Caterpie I had and got a Snorunt.

I am 14 hours in and I only got one badge. I am catching every pokemon in the route before moving on and I spend way too much time bonding with my lineup and rising their EVs.

FUN TIMES.

Current Lineup:

1-Flechinder

2-Pansear

3-Butterfree

4-Frogadier

5-Squirtle (SOOO HAPPY THEY GIVE YOU ONE FOR FREE OMG BEST SURPRISE EVAR)

Edited by Sir_NutS

I think I'm about one restart away from calling it quits with X/Y and will hope that Z(or X2/Y2) are much more interesting to me. The towns just seem so uninspired(not to mention uneventful/unimportant), the music is much more miss than it is hit, and being able to score over 100 (uninteresting)Pokemon that can essentially level themselves before even hitting the second gym is more than a bit overwhelming to me.

Plus, there really is no explanation or impetus conveyed through the game to use either Pokemon Amie or the Super Trainer. Hopefully I'll get over this hump, but for now, it just makes me want to go back to Black 2, terrible localization and all.

Yo Strader, that's confirmed to be fake, so don't worry.

(The Bad Egg is not that bad)

it was also confirmed that wonder trade was not to blame for the problems. i've wonder traded... 50+ times now? no bad egg for me.

it looks like the true culprit was the person's system or sd card being faulty.

and it's not the fault of hackers either, before anyone brings that hysteria here. this was reported day one and hackers are still looking into all the secrets of the pkx format, and are also looking into how to inject the mons back into the game (that means they can't do that yet, ergo it is impossible for this problem to be related to hacking at all).

so wonder trade in peace; there's a very minimal risk of that happening to you. if it hasn't happened to you yet, it probably won't.

I think I'm about one restart away from calling it quits with X/Y and will hope that Z(or X2/Y2) are much more interesting to me. The towns just seem so uninspired(not to mention uneventful/unimportant), the music is much more miss than it is hit, and being able to score over 100 (uninteresting)Pokemon that can essentially level themselves before even hitting the second gym is more than a bit overwhelming to me.

Plus, there really is no explanation or impetus conveyed through the game to use either Pokemon Amie or the Super Trainer. Hopefully I'll get over this hump, but for now, it just makes me want to go back to Black 2, terrible localization and all.

1) Towns are definitely uneventful, but talking to NPCs in this game is super important for TM/HMs and items, so I find myself remembering this much more than Gen 5.

2) The music this generation is probably my second favorite, losing to Gen 3 (ya can't beat trumpets)

3) More Pokemon to catch is...bad?

4) Pokemon Amie can affect how the pokemon performs in battle. Maxing out affection not only raises happiness, but can also let the pokemon evade attacks and get more critical hits. Super Training is EV training and I won't bother explaining that

Not being antagonistic, just my counter-thoughts

I like the relentless optimism in this game. It's just determined to keep the mood up.

I left Lucario on top of that tower because Lucario is not a cool Pokemon. When I rejected taking him, the gym leader was like "Oh...uh.. THE WORLD IS FULL OF SMILES!!"

The only thing I'm hesitant about is the super-simplified puzzles. They may have streamlined them too far. Actually there really aren't gym puzzles or 'team rocket' puzzles anymore.

Here is my friend code guys and gals: 4983-5220-8737. I will try my very best to add all of you that posted already.

I got Pokemon X and picked my homeboy Bulbasaur, he's gangsta. (Also picked Fenniken.)

Last week, I had beaten this game and felt this Gen was so far the easiest Elite Four and Champion to beat. Other Gen's I had to get defeated several times and train my party significantly before being able to defeat them. Part of the reason they were easy, my level 77 Azumarill.

Paul_Azumarill.png (pictured here without the blood)

She utterly destroyed their teams. She laughed at their pathetic attacks and pretty much OHKO'd everyone that was sent out. It was a massacre. I actually started to feel bad towards the end. Right now she's at level 87 and might possibly become my first Pokemon I legitimately level to 100. Definitely has become one of my favorite Pokemon now.

Do you mean with EXP Share or the daycare? Or do you mean that their level just is higher when you get to a new area? I've noticed that but I thought it made sense since I'm at like level 30 with my pokemons and I'm stuck fighting level 14 sometimes :/ But then I go to another area and they're maybe level 18? It's still not good but it makes the game really easy.

I beat the first gym with a wild pikachu I caught. If I had used my torchic or even donger (my froakie) I would have destroyed it 3x as fast

I still kinda giggle when donger uses pound

Speaking of Pokemon-Amie, I discovered that you can make faces at your pokemon. Not sure if it requires max happiness or if it's before, when you reach the later stages of it. I was waiting for the tires on my car to be changed, and my Gyarados and I would make kissy faces, wink and make big smiles to each other. Then someone walked by with a "the hell is that chick on?" face as I was trying to cock my head to the side like a puppy and kissing at my 3DS.

I fuckin' love Gyarados omg <3

Edit: To add to the Pokemon-Amie explanation, the first thing you'll notice is the boost in exp the pokemon gains as it gets friendlier towards you. Then not only will it wish it had landed a critical hit or avoid attack, they'll get the equivalent of a Sturdy/Endure effect to prove its love to you and they will also sometimes cure themselves of status effects. To save some time, you can pet it at the end of a battle (as the final enemy falls unconscious) for some extra love.

Edited by Vilecat

Speaking of Pokemon-Amie, I discovered that you can make faces at your pokemon. Not sure if it requires max happiness or if it's before, when you reach the later stages of it. I was waiting for the tires on my car to be changed, and my Gyarados and I would make kissy faces, wink and make big smiles to each other. Then someone walked by with a "the hell is that chick on?" face as I was trying to cock my head to the side like a puppy and kissing at my 3DS.

Pretty sure you can do it from the beginning, but it'll only happen when the 3DS camera can maintain a clear shot at your face. The icon never shows up when I'm playing in the dark.

I fuckin' love Gyarados omg <3

Edit: To add to the Pokemon-Amie explanation, the first thing you'll notice is the boost in exp the pokemon gains as it gets friendlier towards you. Then not only will it wish it had landed a critical hit or avoid attack, they'll get the equivalent of a Sturdy/Endure effect to prove its love to you and they will also sometimes cure themselves of status effects. To save some time, you can pet it at the end of a battle (as the final enemy falls unconscious) for some extra love.

This explains some of the stares you were getting when I dropped by the lounge at the dealer today then, I guess...

I just can't take you anywhere, can I? Or rather, you just can't take yourself anywhere, can you?

I wonder if the 3DS can recognize O-faces.

The first thing I thought of was "WHY ARE YOU SO PROUD OF A QUADRUPLE WEAKNESS TO ELECTRICITY?"... except gyarados is a fucking sea monster dragon, so screw that, it's totally awesome.

Bwahahaha! I love that webcomic. I'd have called mine MrFish had it been a guy :3

Obviously his parents don't know how awesome Mr.Fish is. Even with that quadruple weakness, he can take hits like a man...-fish!

Actually, I think it's if you make some of the exaggerated faces that you'd make. I was able to start it once by making the huge smile.

The part where you need to tilt your head and do something else is indeed having a hard time. Not sure if it's because of my glasses or not though.