Pokémon X/Y and OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire (Gen6) (3DS)

Mirby

So after reading a bunch of what you guys have said about switching out teams, and after learning what Pokemon Amie and the Super Trainer are for, I've had a change of perspective. I pretty much absolutely love the game now.

After a fresh restart, I'm 14 hours in, and it's pretty much because I've been obsessed with the aforementioned systems. I've also been shifting out my Pokemon a lot more since the XP Share DOES make it easier to try different ones at your leisure, and I'm finding all sorts of ability combos and such because of it.

And the music, my god the music(OK I spoiled myself on youtube with that one). While I think in general I prefer the world of Unova, Kalos has grown on me, and I really appreciate the hard work they must have put in just animating every single 'mon in 3D, along with rebalancing the type matchups with the addition of fairy-types.

Pokemon-amie is devastatingly addictive. Super Trainer... not so much. They're too much fluff with the balloons blowing up and popping, slowing down the process just enough to make it annoying.

Also O-powers are too out of the way on the touch screen to be handed out at the frequency the game expects you to do so.

I'm not playing with 3D, and it isn't always lag... I'm talking more like, the bottom screen sometimes becomes totally unresponsive. At one point I did something in Pokemon Amie and the bottom screen literally froze. I could move around on the top screen but the bottom screen was locked, even if I tried to bring up the menu. I had to close + reopen the 3DS to fix it. And then sometimes in the super training window (with the punching bag) the buttons won't work, period. I have to 'jog' the controls by hitting L and then R again to get back, and then it will work perfectly.

I'm not playing with 3D, and it isn't always lag... I'm talking more like, the bottom screen sometimes becomes totally unresponsive. At one point I did something in Pokemon Amie and the bottom screen literally froze. I could move around on the top screen but the bottom screen was locked, even if I tried to bring up the menu. I had to close + reopen the 3DS to fix it. And then sometimes in the super training window (with the punching bag) the buttons won't work, period. I have to 'jog' the controls by hitting L and then R again to get back, and then it will work perfectly.

hmm I don't know man I haven't had this happening to me, maybe it's an issue with your 3DS? even if it's new, it may have a factory issue. I haven't had any bottom screen locking problems at any point and I must be near 30 hours in by now. Other than the bottom screen taking around 2 seconds to load every time i switch from amie to pss or super training, no lockups whatsoever.

Maybe try another game and see if it still has lockup issues?

EDIT: ah just read that you have no issues with other games. I'm at a loss then, maybe your pokemon game is faulty?

Edited by Sir_NutS