2013 New Year Resolutions!

OceansAndrew

Music Goals:

Get three remixes passed on OCR (I wanna make it a trend to one-up this number every year)

Substantially improve my lead guitar work

Become competent with Famitracker

Release a From The Forest Itself full-length album

Release an EP of various original compositions

Release Be Aggressive!

Place top three in DoD at least one month

Personal:

Start getting myself ready to go into a four year college

Enjoy this city more

Lose enough weight where my moobs don't jiggle when I brush my teeth

Finally hang out with Ectogemia and whatever OCR peeps live here in Indy

Edited by DusK

2011 Resolution: Get married to an awesome Japanese chick in the most unlikely romance arrangement an inexperienced aspie gumpball like me could have possibly undertaken. ACCOMPLISHED

2012 Resolution: Become a home and American land owner in my hometown and get listed as an actual VGM composer with IMPULSE. ACCOMPLISHED

2013 Resolution: No more projects. Rebuild, rebuild, rebuild. TBA

-Submit at least one ReMix.

-Find a part-time job that I enjoy.

-Lose a little more weight (currently 192 lbs).

-Become familiar with almost all the piano chords.

-Become more organized, using lists, calenders, etc.

-Get an apartment, and partially pay for it (rather than my parents doing so).

EDIT:

-Finish or start finishing my Senior Project (probably writing a book or a study)

Edited by Nonamer

OCR Goals:

• Have the most mixes posted on the site (I'm sitting at 50 posted/waiting)
  • Release an original Kickstarter-supported chiprock album
  • Finish a solo remix album (already fully planned out, y'all)
  • FINISH AND RELEASE FINAL FANTASY 2: REBELLION
  • Get considerable progress done with FF3, I'm thinking 40%+ progress.
  • Save enough from each paycheck to pay for MAG12 in full.
  • Increase support skills, spend more time in Workshop

Life goals

• Get in sha.....wait a minute, I have an image for this:

397323_10150489642133445_512000515_n.jpg

Edited by Brandon Strader

2012 was epic enough, and I feel musically I'm on a high enough note as I am right now. But here's some things I got to do for 2013:

* Keep at it with my weight loss. I'm still a bit overweight in spite of last year's epic weight loss, so I think I can achieve going down a bit more.

* Finish that PlayStation based EP I started last year. It was originally concepted more as a point of nostalgia for myself, but due to other commitments I never really worked on it much, and after 12 months only have 2 proper finished arrangements so far out of a possible 7. xD

* Keep being musically productive otherwise; in fact, try and shoot for something at least every 2-3 months. Does what it says on the tin :)

* It's cool to support yourself, but it's also cool to support others. I'm on the right lines with a forthcoming weekly broadcast on RadioSEGA, which I aim to see through a full working season and look out across the community for some great arrangements appropriate for the station. I'm also game to do some more stuff behind the scenes for OverClocked University as well, offering as much help as possible for any future endeavors they take.

* Get back into work / college. Major kicker right there; I get redundant, I fight my way back into the job market. Slow start due to the Christmas period and recent illness, but I will make it!

I have three resolutions this year:

1: Lose some weight. At least 10lbs, preferably more. My ultimate goal is to be able to wear a full out Super Sentai/Power Rangers spandex outfit to conventions and actually look good in it.

2: Get back into music. I haven't made a MIDI in years, and it's high time I bumped my production level up. I want at least one remix on this site. Using my own blood, sweat, and tears as opposed to the one mix I have now that's basically a technicality.

3: Do something about this woman I've had a crush on for four years that I've been unable to ask out that entire time for multiple reasons that were neither of our faults. I'd be happy (and slightly disappointed) to remain her friend, or would love to go out on at least one date with her, but I'm tired of being stuck between the two options with no idea how she feels.

- Make it past the 2nd/shittiest year of dental school

- Regain the 20 lbs. of muscle I put on last year and lost after a brush with accidental Ambien dependency & withdrawal

- Keep body fat below 10% while gaining this muscle

- Regain the muscle in the same timeframe as I did the first time (unlikely to happen)

- Get 4-5 remixes accepted by OCR

- Win a tournament/gauntlet compo or be on a winning team

- Get paid for music/write for a game

- Continue my compositional services for Maddox/be his buttslave

- Expand my improvisational ideas and styles on keyboard

- Finish album for Ubiktune or at least finish several more tracks

I GOT THIS.

Personal:

Enjoy this city more

Finally hang out with Ectogemia and whatever OCR peeps live here in Indy

These two can be done AT THE SAME TIME!

Other Indy OCR people = Ben Briggs, halc, InSixFour/Miearth (he's moving to Kentucky soon), and Antonio Pizza (have not met him). Another Indy friend of mine just joined, too, under the name Jehm Faulkner. And I've got another music-y friend here who writes killer, jazzy FM chiptunes, but he's not on OCR. Fun times ahead, man. Whenever you want to chill :)

Edited by ectogemia

1) As with just about everyone else, lose some weight. I'm a pretty big dude, and 30 lbs gone by the end of the year should be easily doable. I'm on an okay exercise regiment, but I need to keep upping my goals and change my eating habits. Hopefully, the rest will take care of itself.

.....1a) There's going to be a Tough Mudder in Michigan in June. I want to participate and finish.

2) Get posted. I still need to get a lot of experience before I'll be able to put out anything submitable, but if I get some work done 3 days a week, I should hopefully start putting together some decent stuff by Q4 this year.

3) Figure out what I'm doing with my career/living situation. I don't really want to live in Lansing anymore. There's not much to do here. I've heard good things about Chicago, Boulder, and Portland, but I'm not familiar enough with any of them to want to uproot and move out there. I'm thinking some long weekend trips are in order (meetups, anyone?).

I find that my resolutions aren't usually very concrete, but I'll go ahead and list out various goals:

- Finish at least five songs this year

- Try teaching music production

- Get more involved with live sound

- Sing on a remix, without vocoder

- Get on Jeopardy

- Go to Australia

- Study Japanese again

- Make and playtest and hopefully publish a board game

- Fix the minor pain in my leg that I've been living with for nearly a year

Music:

Finish Double Dragon 3 RMX for proj to take two more sources - 60% Done

Find another familiar game's rmx project and join - 0% Done

Find familiar game's rmx and give some feedback - 0% Done

Finish "Battle City" RMX and submit - 45% Done

Find some strength to finish 3 original albums I already started - 1.5891% Done

Improve guitar skills - 3% done

Learn electronic stuff - 1% Done

Life:

Get some weight - 0% Done

Do something about this woman I've had a crush on for four years that I've been unable to ask out that entire time for multiple reasons that were neither of our faults. I'd be happy (and slightly disappointed) to remain her friend, or would love to go out on at least one date with her, but I'm tired of being stuck between the two options with no idea how she feels.

Same... Cause it's 5 years - 65% Done

Learn English - 15% Done

Learn German - 0.3% Done

Learn something - 1.1% Done

For 2013, I have decided not to have a resolution. At least, I can't think of one at the moment.

I had a list last year, revolving around me moving to Colorado, but now it all seems pointless since I decided to cancel the move. It feels strange not having a goal to work towards, or something to look forward to, so I gotta come up with something quick!

I don't have the problem of most people here, needing to lose weight. Quite the opposite. But I'm looking to gain some solid muscle, which given my speedy metabolism, has been incredibly hard so far. It pisses me off. Still Imma work out as often as possible and see what I can do.

Oh and I'm going to try to make at least 1 remix a month, given the fact I'm really bored with original music shouldn't be hard to do.

Edited by Argle

I have made resolutions in the past and the vast majority went dumpster hopping without me.

The last one I was able to keep - for about five weeks - was getting a job, and that was at the end of last year.

This year, I only have one serious resolution: get a book published. It may not be out of my reach...