"Kakariko Village" oldtime band

haha this is awesome.

there's some pitch/tone things going on with the harmonica sometimes (like when it initially comes in), and its quite hard to pick out where the lead is at times, but this pretty inventive and quirky in the best sense.

there's also some volume pumping issues, did you maybe over-compress things with a bad compressor? either way, that's another issue to look at.

there's some pitch/tone things going on with the harmonica sometimes (like when it initially comes in), and its quite hard to pick out where the lead is at times

This, but it's really cool. Maybe if you had some overarching instrument playing the lead that could be heard over the top. If you hadn't marked it Kakariko village I'm not sure I would have known it was this tune...

maybe...some whistling ? 8O

Haha yeah there's no real lead instrument, but all the instruments contribute to the perceived melody. It's definitely about the oldtimey charm.

Check out

This is the "jam" sound that you'd here if you went to a fiddle or banjo festival.

Thanks for the response! I did use the compressor on my recording unit. I'm not much good at that sort of stuff.

Haha yeah there's no real lead instrument, but all the instruments contribute to the perceived melody. It's definitely about the oldtimey charm.

Check out

This is the "jam" sound that you'd here if you went to a fiddle or banjo festival.

Thanks for the response! I did use the compressor on my recording unit. I'm not much good at that sort of stuff.

• 1 month later...

Oh man this is brilliant! Reminds me of the "Corn-Fed Kong" song from the DKC3 album, and also I'm picturing the Soggy Bottom Boys dancing on stage at the end of O Brother, Where Art Thou?

I agree that the harmonica feels a little bit overpowering at times, but other than that, I can totally appreciate the "jam" feel you've got going on, and I love it!

• 1 month later...