[3DS] Fire Emblem: Awakening - Feb 4th! Demo on Jan 14!

ocre

The latest Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem: Awakening will be hitting North America on February 4th, with a demo hitting the 3DS eShop on January 17th. Joystiq has a breakdown of features, which include a plethora of DLC maps/scenarios/fan favorite characters from previous games, StreetPass & SpotPass functionality and the ability to play as a customized character. Gonna be a great game!

Edited by ocre

The latest Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem: Awakening will be hitting North America on February 4th, with a demo hitting the 3DS eShop on January 17th. Joystiq has a breakdown of features, which include a plethora of DLC maps/scenarios/fan favorite characters from previous games, StreetPass & SpotPass functionality and the ability to play as a customized character. Gonna be a great game!

I've been itching for a good tactical RPG lately and I completely forgot that Fire Emblem was due out. Consider me excited!

Played it, it's fantastic. They really put a lot of thought into how to integrate the differing styles of the console Fire Emblems and the handheld ones, with some interesting innovations that haven't been in either before now. Weapon switching is now a button press instead of a menu back and forth, the side-by-side combat bonuses no longer depend on having supports, and the best part is that the characters actually have voices now.

Plus it has Marth in it, you Super Smash fans. So go pick it up and try it out.

Fun, but way too short. I guess that's the point of a demo (give 'em a taste and leave them wanting), but it would have been neat if the demo had been an entire small chapter, maybe even a side-story sort of thing that would tie in to the full game, but in a way that it wouldn't really be missed by anyone who didn't play it.

• 3 weeks later...
Fun fact: EB broke street date and I've had the game for a week now. On chapter 9, playing Normal Casual (commence heckling) and allies STILL die with disturbing regularity. Sumia and Miriel get it the worst for some reason.

My Gamestop can't seem to even get it in stock, I was told Friday at the earliest. I've seen it a few other places, but I have a Gift Card I got for X-mas, so I'll wait it out.

Honestly, with my historic and well documented cases of bad luck with anything RNG related, I typically don't play Fire Emblem games on anything higher than Normal. I might dabble in Hard here and there but honestly when success or failure is ultimately determined on probabilities as much as sound strategy I can get quite frustrated. If I truly play a Hard Run I'll probably play Hard or Lunatic Casual just so I don't frigging get screwed.

Case in point, I got crit on a 3% and a 4% back-to-back tonight. Granted, it was in a situation where the attacks did no damage (gotta love armor knights) but this kind of thing has a history of happening to me when it *does* matter.

That said, I am loving this game a lot. It's a blast to play and it's a very well crafted game with lots of awesome characters.

I am suffering while waiting for my copy right now. I preordered from Newegg, and I checked after it was released since I didn't get a confirmation e-mail, and the pushed the release date back to the 8th (today). So when I saw I didn't have a confirmation email again, I checked again, and now it's been moved back to the 12th! :puppyeyes: I want to play this game really really badly right now!

There is only one thing that bugs me about the entire game thus far, and the fact that it's so trivial is a testament to how gosh darn GOOD this game is: Whenever I have to reset the game, or even when I just power it on again, the in-game voices revert to English. Now, I actually think the dub is pretty good, but I'm just too much of a language purist to use it constantly. Honestly though, this isn't even a big issue, I just have to constantly go back into the settings to change back and forth between languages.

I hope that this sells well enough to convince Nintendo to license another Advance Wars game to be made on the handheld.

And I sort of doubt this game will get a reprinting, despite the high-demand. I expect it to be in the same price range as the rest of the Fire Emblem games in the not-too-distant future.

I hope that this sells well enough to convince Nintendo to license another Advance Wars game to be made on the handheld.

And I sort of doubt this game will get a reprinting, despite the high-demand. I expect it to be in the same price range as the rest of the Fire Emblem games in the not-too-distant future.

I'm not entirely sure about that. This game sold well enough to make Gamestop stop taking preorders in some areas. That's a pretty big sign. Also, the constant demand for, and the big hype for this game? Nintendo would be foolish not to do at least one reprint of this game. It's the perfect entry level title in the series too, which the series hasn't really had since Path of Radiance, or even Sacred Stones.

But I do agree that we really need another Advance Wars game. I love those games to pieces and they were pretty close to a good balance in Days of Ruin.

They're stylized characters. Sort of realistic with chibi legs that make them appear to not have feet.

I dot know why it's such a big deal to some people. lol

OH MY GOD I WAS PLAYING FIRE EMBLEM ON GBA AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE FACES IN BATTLE

AM I CRAZY OR DID NO ONE ELSE NOTICE THIS

like ocre said, it's the art style. i don't see why this is such a big deal.