OCRA-0037 - Apex 2013: Straight to the Top

DarkeSword

Working on Straight to the Top has been a real rush! I'm really excited to help OC ReMix get involved in some new ways of promoting video game music; making an official album for a an event is something we've never done before and it's been really fun and interesting working with the folks over at Apex Series. I want to give a big shout out to John "Alex Strife" Lugo over at Apex who came up with this whole thing, Cristin "Crismas" DeSaro, another Apex-ite who put together the killer album art, John Ryan, the fellow who wrote the excellent original theme for Apex 2013, and of course all of the OC ReMixers who stepped up and put out some really killer remixes. I hope everyone enjoys the album! And if you can't make it out to Apex this year, make sure to be there the next!

-- Shariq “DarkeSword” Ansari

37333-1357895034.png

Hey everyone, just wanted to shout out a huge thanks to everyone involved!

I'm a competitive SSBM player, so I was already pretty psyched for Apex 2013 as is, but this album pretty much brings two of my absolute favorite things together, making this event one of the best things that are going to happen this year.

Really digging the music, you are awesome!

It was such a pleasure to be apart of this project. but also an honor to be apart of history in the making for ocremix. Thank you DarkeSword for the opportunity. To all the listeners, I hope you enjoy it. Its quite a groovy album :). God Bless you all.

Mike I just want to let you know that your remix in particular was a BIG HIT with Apex staff.