Multichannel MIDI CC Automation with Kontakt in FL10

I never had any problems with CC automation on FL since most plugins can directly link parameters to automation carriers.

But, since Kontakt everything changed, i can only control CC's from the Midi Channel 1.

I already tried changing the channel on the "Override Generic Controler" and "link to controller" windows. but no matter how much i tweak the knob it does not even move on the interface, nor can i edit it manually on the piano roll, only Midi Ch 1 is editable.

There is some way to operate CC's for every channel on Kontakt via the piano roll or automation clips?

I use Kontakt 5.1 and FL 10 Producer

I recently encountered this problem too. You can handle it two ways. You can make your first instrument play on your first midi out, and that is easy to link to any midi cc # you want of course. But if you want to link the first instrument directly from Kontakt, go into Kontakt and click the dropdown menu in the wrapper (little down arrow in upper left corner), and select "browse parameters," then all the parameters will appear in the browser to the left. Start scrolling.... the cc's are waaaaaay at the bottom but they are all there. Find the one you want, and right-click to create your automation clip. PITA but it works. Now, I don't know how you would link all the instruments directly from Kontakt, not sure if that can even be done, but you can easily link the rest of them via their midi out channels as you described.

I never had any problems with CC automation on FL since most plugins can directly link parameters to automation carriers.

But, since Kontakt everything changed, i can only control CC's from the Midi Channel 1.

I already tried changing the channel on the "Override Generic Controler" and "link to controller" windows. but no matter how much i tweak the knob it does not even move on the interface, nor can i edit it manually on the piano roll, only Midi Ch 1 is editable.

There is some way to operate CC's for every channel on Kontakt via the piano roll or automation clips?

I use Kontakt 5.1 and FL 10 Producer

AFAIK, you can only use MIDI CC on one instrument at time, unless a specific sample library is designed to react to certain MIDI CCs without initial setup (like Evolution Electric Guitar, Shreddage, etc.).

I can't check right now, but have you tried MIDI channels above 1, by itself only? If that works, my first paragraph is why it works.

If not, have you checked if you know how to use MIDI Outs with multiple libraries loaded into one Kontakt instance? Once you can do that, then you should have a better handle on using MIDI CC with them. I don't think I've tried that, but only because I don't think I ever wanted to or had to.

Edited by timaeus222

have you checked if you know how to use MIDI Outs with multiple libraries loaded into one Kontakt instance? Once you can do that, then you should have a better handle on using MIDI CC with them. I don't think I've tried that, but only because I don't think I ever wanted to or had to.

It does work. You can use the method I described below to get the first instrument hooked up to a midi cc automation. Then for all the other instruments, just click on the midi-out channel settings box, right-click the first knob you can assign, override generic link and type in whatever cc# you want to work with, then right-click again to automate it.

• 5 months later...

After long, i finally found a way to put everything together on the same track, making me able to organise it through the channel colours, it's kinda handy and complex. but everything can be resolved using an "edit on piano roll" for the track and pointing everything into sepparate MIDI outs inside a Kontakt inside the FL Patcher...

this kinda sucks horribly cause in Cubase/Sonar i can do this with 666 less clicks... but i do not have licence of any of those, so i must stick with FL for the time being

Untitled-1.jpg