Super Smash Bros. Crusade: Musicians Wanted!

GigaPichu

Hello, I am GigaPichu, head spriter/artist for the Smash Bros. Fangame Super Smash Bros. Crusade.

I heard about this place from a booth at APEX 2013, and I was told it would be a good idea to come here if I was seeking musical assistance.

Anyway, this fangame has been in development for about 5 years, but we have yet to get an actual soundtrack for the game. All of the music we've used was either taken from the games themselves or just things we had been allowed to use from random people.

I was hoping that maybe we'd be able to find some people who can help us create a true soundtrack on this forum here.

We have a more recent video currently in development, but here's a slightly older one:

As well as the link to our forums:

http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/

And also, our Facebook Page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Super-Smash-Bros-Crusade/240272249339786

Thank you for your time. :3

-------

One thing we surely need is a menu theme.

This was the first menu theme we had, back in the first demo:

If it would be possible to remix this into a better menu theme, as well as make a Final Destination version remix, that would be incredible.

Other remixes we will eventually need:

- Meta Crystal/Metal Battle remix (Smash 64/Melee)

- Dark Link Battle remix (Adventure of Link)

- Planet Floria Remix (Ristar)

- Good Egg Galaxy Remix (Super Mario Galaxy)

- Duck Hunt Remix

- Mushroom Kingdom Remix (Super Mario Bros.)

- Main Theme of Bubsy remix (dark/boss remix)

-------

Another thing we could use in the area of Original Music is a boss battle theme for our 'Fighting Rainbow Team', which is our version of the Fighting Polygons/Wireframes/Alloys.

Other custom music we'll need includes:

Master Hand Battle

Battlefield theme

Online Mode waiting screen

Character Profile Viewing theme

Edited by GigaPichu

Hi Gigapichu,

I'm definitely interested in this one. Though I am not as gifted in remixing as some of the other people here, I would like to do a track or two of original music (wherever it may fit). It would also benefit the game a lot if you were to get someone on sound design as well to replace the effects you are currently using.

Help us all out by letting us know the full details of the project such as when you need these files by and a rough scheme of how many stages you would like. I'm sure you'd be repeating a lot of what you would find in the forum link, but for ease of simplicity (and to gather interest) it would help just to write a small paragraph or so.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing back from you!

We have no deadlines at all.

We just want music made specially for our game XD

I have a couple of songs/remixes that we'd need for the game. Actually, I'll just post some in the OP.

We're likely going to have around 100 stages, but yes, no deadlines. If anyone was willing to help you could take all the time you needed.

We have no deadlines at all.

We just want music made specially for our game XD

I have a couple of songs/remixes that we'd need for the game. Actually, I'll just post some in the OP.

We're likely going to have around 100 stages, but yes, no deadlines. If anyone was willing to help you could take all the time you needed.

I may sound stupid saying this, but what does OP stand for? xP

oh, you don't need worry about a cease and desist for this fangame. After such a success at APEX, we're more motivated than ever and we're gearing up to make the game even better than before.

If you've ever heard of SSF2, we're basically in the same boat. We're not going anywhere.

oh, you don't need worry about a cease and desist for this fangame. After such a success at APEX, we're more motivated than ever and we're gearing up to make the game even better than before.

I'm having trouble connecting these two, why wouldn't we be worried about a C&D because you guys are more motivated to finish it up? I just feel like I'm missing something there.

I'm having trouble connecting these two, why wouldn't we be worried about a C&D because you guys are more motivated to finish it up? I just feel like I'm missing something there.

maybe I worded something funny.

either way, don't worry about the game failing. After 5 long years there's no way we'd let that happen.

maybe I worded something funny.

either way, don't worry about the game failing. After 5 long years there's no way we'd let that happen.

A cease and desist isn't about "the game failing". It's about Nintendo's lawers sending you an email that says, "You're using our intellectual property to make your game, and you need to stop."

And considering how many Pokemon MMORPGs were cut short that way, a C&D should always be a legitimate concern on your end.

Gee, thanks everyone! :D

I posted two songs that I know we'll need, if anyone wanted to try making those.

@ DusK

ooooh, you meant that.

I dont think you'll need to worry about that either. Nintendo is usually pretty ok with fangames, and we arent totally directly ripping off of anything or trying to make money off it. I don't see how there'd be an issue.

Ok, after l listened to the menu theme I could most certainly go and do something with it.

Really, anything. Sign me up for something. :P

Sure, just go and see what you can do with it and then let me hear it :D

I can't really sign you up for anything, but if you go on the forum and start making the musics, you'll be put on Audio Team. If that counts for something.