OCR02583 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Marblelous Garden"

djpretzel

I'm really loving the percussion of this ReMix. It's unique and clear, so great job there. I really like how it still feels like rock, but with the jazzy atmosphere along with it for the ride. Can totally see where the coverish comments come from, especially in the beginning, but I think the more this mix goes on, the better and more original it gets. Sweet stuff here.

Let your eyes adjust to the smokey backroom of some dive hidden in the city's underbelly. Find a seat near the stage, don't worry the song's not over - they've been noodling around just before you arrived. They'll play this in bits and pieces, between their other more well known hits. And then end the night with a impromptu variant jam session that will never seem to end - and no one wants it to.

This might be my least favorite song of the source material, and the minimalist/individual style is something I'm not accustomed to or generally prefer... and yet I kept listening. While not my bag, I think this mix really does have some talent. Hopefully that is a bigger sign than someone who loves this kind of sound outright that more should give this unique take a listen.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02583 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Marblelous Garden"