Final Fantasy III: Resurrection - Wrapping Up (Sign Consent Form!)

Brandon Strader

Looks like everyone forgot that there June 5th WIP date. The next one, August 1st, is going to be a strict deadline. Stuff that has no progress made on it will possibly be put up for grabs so it can be done by a different remixer who is more available.

To prevent your song going "up for grabs", just send in a substantial WIP before the next deadline! Thank you :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Tuberz McGee turned in his wav for Town of Water, his mix of that is really outstanding! It fits in nicely with previous WAVs like Begmona's Town. :-)

August 5th, ladies and djentlemen! We've hit a MILESTONE now -- 10 finished WAVs! :-)

We're gonna get closer and closer until we're finally so close that it's done, and all it takes is some finished mixes from you guys. :-)

• 4 weeks later...

FF3 is still alive and kicking :-D I took a month off to get Game Boy album out the door but now it's time to come back to thiiiiis and get things moving again. :-)

On that note, we have a new WIP from timaeus222, and I've talked to a bunch of the album people so they know what do. To anyone I haven't talked to who is still working on stuff, just leave us a note here! Why not! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since ma last visit and front page is old as granny so I'm completely out of the loop, what became of those sixto tracks that were pulled out at some point? Like are they up somewhere or did he repent and re include them in the project?

edit: Actually, looks like Brandon has updated the front page fairly recently, I just glanced at it in passing and it looked pretty much the same as always so I got it all wrong. So 1 sixto track seems to be on there but others were taken out for good?

Edited by RiverSound

Been a while since ma last visit and front page is old as granny so I'm completely out of the loop, what became of those sixto tracks that were pulled out at some point? Like are they up somewhere or did he repent and re include them in the project?

edit: Actually, looks like Brandon has updated the front page fairly recently, I just glanced at it in passing and it looked pretty much the same as always so I got it all wrong. So 1 sixto track seems to be on there but others were taken out for good?

I've been slowly talking to sixto and asking to put the songs back on over the months. I thought Ending Theme was the most important so I asked that first.... Oh, I also asked to re-add his FF2 song, so that's in and submitted already... As for the last remaining 2, I guess time will tell...

As for whether stuff is updated, I think it is. We just need to get a lot more WIPs. At this point I'm more interested in WAVs honestly, but baby steps. The WIP date is on August 5th, so if it looks like we have a claim from someone who has never submitted a WIP, it might go up for grabs. We'll see!

I wanna hear your mix!

Ye I have to admit that you've been quite lenient already and given us plenty time to cook up something for you without the fear of losing a track, it's speaking volumes that even I have been able to turn something in despite being a wretched slowpoke. On the bright side, I might have something for you by the 5th.

Possibly.

Probably.

Maybe even something that won't poison your auditory nerves like the... thing I first sent you way back when. I mean, I still ain't got my accordion (IKR:banghead:) but I can't let that stop me from making any progress whatsoever.

There's always hope!

Part of the problem is that I'm already so mentally and emotionally invested in the promise of many of these claims, based on what I know what remixers are capable of and what they promised to do with the song. So even though I rightfully should put lots of stuff up for grabs, It's a difficult decision. I'm still super comfortable just taking peoples' word for it, if they're serious about doing it and taking joy in the process... You're definitely safe for a while RiverSound, you've shown enough awesome WIPs that I wouldn't dare touch your claim, unless we get WAVs in for almost everything and you're still not done. :lol: But that's unlikely.

So ultimately, I dunno. Tomorrow's the deadline. I'll set another one after that. I can only hope that people come through with what they've claimed. I feel like if FF2 were to come out soon, maybe people would be a little more enthusiastic about finishing up -- I know FF2 took a good couple years, and it's my own fault that it waited as long as it did to be sent in. But it's in OCR's hands now, and that's super close to being released, anyway. That would HYPE ME UP megatons, as it has, and I'd hope others would be hyped as well, but I completely understand needing to have the actual hype train roll through before people get hyped.. I think of the OCR album process a lot like a mix between the TV Shows "Hoarders" and "Storage Wars". Anyway, we'll see what happens. I hope the overall hype level can rise substantially. I mean............... just with what's already done, I already consider this one of the best albums. :lol: People will probably think I'm an idiot for saying that, but you all haven't heard it yet... sorry for the tease.

I know FF2 took a good couple years, and it's my own fault that it waited as long as it did to be sent in. But it's in OCR's hands now, and that's super close to being released, anyway. That would HYPE ME UP megatons, as it has, and I'd hope others would be hyped as well

There is definitely sufficient hype on my end. I REALLY look forward to enjoying it. ;)