Final Fantasy III: Resurrection - Wrapping Up (Sign Consent Form!)

Brandon Strader

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't played the NES FF games so I only know a select few tracks from 1-3 (battle themes, Matoya's Cave, etc).  That being said...

11 hours ago, evktalo said:

Somebody claim Crystal Cave. That's a great source.

Just listened to it, and challenge accepted.  I'll claim this track and get started today because a pretty cool idea on what to do with it just hit me.

5 hours ago, Hipnotyk said:

I haven't played the NES FF games so I only know a select few tracks from 1-3 (battle themes, Matoya's Cave, etc).  That being said...

Just listened to it, and challenge accepted.  I'll claim this track and get started today because a pretty cool idea on what to do with it just hit me.

WELCOME ABOARD!! Glad to see someone who jumped on FF8 also jump on over here. :D

It needs some PIZAZZ!! It's too straightforward! Also please share the WIPs in private so that everybody's not all up ons listening to it before it's even released :P  That bass sound is weird too, man. Weird. Not that it needs to be more prominent, but I'm not diggin' the sound as a bass sound. You oughta try switching things up a bit with the arrangement cause right now it's following a bit closely to the original

Yeah, it was a bit of a premature share on my part, and I don't know why I even considered using that bass patch in retrospect.  This was a super rough sketch and I just threw it up on a whim after midnight to show I'm committed to playing catch-up, seeing that there's a handful of already completed tracks.

This weekend is pretty wide open for me so I'll dig in and see what I can do to liven it up.

14 minutes ago, evktalo said:

Tuberz delivered like a badass on the Crystal Cave track. More than I asked for actually, like is usual for him. :D I just need to find the time to set it all in place soon so I can share it on the project forum.. !

What? Do you mean Crystal Room, or did something weird happen here in the last few days? Get it shared!! I wanna hear it!

Strangely enough, mithius was also working on something with Crystal Cave, but I'm not sure whether he was doing a Crystal Cave mix, or some kind of crazy 20 minute medley type thing like he did for ff1. Also he was missing for a couple months but just showed back up yesterday. I thought he left. One of those weird things I guess. I have high hopes. 

• 1 month later...

Some really disturbing news.. basically, I have not been able to get in touch with Sir Jordanius for several months. I'm going to hold out hope that he returns but in the case that he does not, there won't be a new claim for "The Way to the Top". All we have is a near-final MP3 version of the remix, but no WAV, and no consent, so if he did indeed escape then it would not be included at all unfortunately.... bummer.. very disturbing news. Holding out hope that he's just on a very very very very extended vacation. 

Still waiting on a lot of great remixes from a lot of great remixers. You guys. The album is like a cake with no icing. I hope you're happy with what you're doing to this poor cake. Put that icing on there. Come on. 

8O

Thank you friends. :) To help bring this to life really is special. It's the last big piece of the tri-FF experience (in hindsight that would have been a cool title for a triple-album). To work on these sibling albums for FF NES Trilogy has been a great experience and I appreciate everyone who helped create this whole thing. After losing ff9, it took working with so many brilliant artists to even give me the confidence to try doing a large album again. (FF1 and FF2 are around 20 songs each, not all that large).

So in other words... gosh, thanks guys. You are an inspiration, and each WIP brings me much joy, like seeing a duck walking next to a pond.

OK, so we have an album the size of FF1 or FF2 already finished here. That's awesome. But we still have roughly the size of another album left to finish. (half done...)

But we can do it, I've seen it with 2 albums already. :)

Double-posting because deal with it ^_^ 

We're getting good stuff in. WAV of "Let Me Know The Truth" from RiverSound, and "Prelude" from Rexy, two of the key songs we needed for the album. ;)

I am trying to get in touch with some other people to see if they're still doing stuff. The list of unclaimed songs got removed, recruitment is over. 

I think I'll end up doing "Deep Under the Water" since it's one of my favorites and it ended up on the cutting floor. Hopefully I don't have to do Elia too, I am still trying to find out what's up with kate and see if she's going to do it. :cry: 

As previously mentioned Sir Jordanius is also missing... :cry: 

If we figure out where everybody is and get things moving again, we could potentially be pretty close to finishing this off. 

---------

Cutting has taken place. If you don't see your claim listed anymore but still want to finish your song, please let me know. 

S E R I O U S            B U S I N E S S

Edited by Brandon Strader