Final Fantasy III: Resurrection - Wrapping Up (Sign Consent Form!)

Brandon Strader

I've talked with RiverSound and after X many years without movement from Kate (mostly due to vocal issues, very unfortunate) the time has finally come to face REALITY and move on with the Key Song, Elia's Theme. As a result I've asked RiverSound for help. No pressure at all, and it is not expected to be in the same style or format. This move should help to ensure that the album actually gets done and doesn't just sit here like @Lucavi00 at the all-you-can-eat buffet

I'm going to get progress on my songs, and try to get in touch with the last remaining people here. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

@Brandon Strader is off the forums for 2 weeks and told me to throw an update your way. Both the FF3 and FF8 albums are still going strong, and everyone should still be working on those remixes :D If you need to get ahold of him and don't have any other way to contact him outside of the OCR forums, just shoot me a message and I'll see what I can do.

This album is going to be amazing.

In the meantime I plan on finishing my Battle theme remix in the next week so there's that.

What the heck, I clicked to make a post and it had text from 2013 in here that never got posted. It looked good too. I should have posted that stuff, it's gone now though. 

Anyway, Sagnew is right. He didn't send me a final WAV of his battle theme though, so he's a dirty, dirty liar! The dirtiest, I'm afraid. 

I cut 1 song, labeled 3 for potential cut. These folks need to check in, I'll try to contact them as a last resort before making the real cut. 

Apart from that I was/am serious about cutting stuff and getting stuff moving, even though we're probably looking at 2017 release at this point. Better early than late or even 2018. As time goes on and people promise stuff then don't deliver, the choice to cut stuff gets a bit less hard unfortunately. Hopefully I can fill in a gap or two. 

Thanks Jorito. I think I need to check my subscription settings cause I missed your note. I'll check it fairly soonish when I don't feel sick and it's bed time. ^_^

But I just wanted to stop in to say, something really special happened. A brand new friend on Facebook just happened to post a link to her arrangement of Elia's Theme... It wasn't a claim, and she didn't know about the project at all, but now I have a brand new WAV in my hands of this really key track... very, very special sequence of events. 

Of course RiverSound's version -- if it ever exists -- is also going to be really really good. His other mix just blows my mind. But I am a lot less stressed right now knowing that we finally have coverage for this song, and a beautiful orchestral version at that. It even ends with a quick flourish of Lute of Noah which we also didn't have covered yet, but @zykO might be thinking of tackling it sometime. :)

OA's song got NO'd but he sent me a new version. It doesn't address all their crits, but it drastically changes the vibe of the song in a good way. 

Apart from that stuff... I'm passing out, and the thought of all the updates I need to give or check up on is making me feel sicker than I already do. So for now.. huge thanks to everyone working so hard on their songs... we're almost there :)

considering i've already sent you a substantial WIP of it (approx 60%) MONTHS ago that simply needs some arrangement and garnishing to get where it needs to be, i still don't understand "might be thinking of tackling" or "Possibly claimed by Zyko" ?? unless of course you're just being a jerk in which case, stfu you'll have your track:)

to be fair, i didn't realize that many tracks were already finished, so it appears i'm a bit behind schedule; i can have it finished by the end of this month for sure.

Sad news everyone, it seems like Zyko's claim is a little bit more unstable than I thought, not sure if we'll ever see a finished song from him that is good :cry: I still have pretty high hopes for it though. 

On the good news side, a new WAV from Jorito for the airship theme. Really creative and interesting arrangement. :D  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please see thread:

Short version: due to threats, unfounded accusations, and a general attitude that we don't believe is compatible with participation on these forums or in running an OC ReMix community album, Brandon Strader has been permanently banned.

For the FF8 project, @zircon, @JJT, and myself will be stepping in as directors, assuming that artists are cool with continuing their efforts here, for OCR, in Brandon's absence.

For this FF3 project, the situation is a bit more complicated... it's further along, it's part of a trilogy that has always been Brandon's baby, and I don't feel it would be appropriate to continue the album here, in his absence, unless he explicitly is okay with that.

If ANY of the participating artists want to contact Brandon and see if they can direct the album instead and it can remain an OCR release, that would be great. I'm not optimistic, but it's worth a shot. If he's not cool with that, I'm guessing he'll want to release this album elsewhere, and that he will take a poll and see what you all think would make the most sense. It saddens me to think that a trilogy that began here on OCR and rocked an amazing second album that was every bit as good as the first will end up being completed somewhere else, but Brandon has made his feelings known and there's not much else to say.

If anyone has any updates, new information, or questions for me specifically (I can't speak for Brandon), please chime in.

Yes, this sucks. No, it's not how we wanted things to go. Yes, it appears to be absolutely necessary based not only on events in the last 48hrs, but leading up to those events for the past few months.

I may not be a part of this project, but looking at the tracklist, most of the album was done (22 tracks). It doesn't look like any of his tracks he claimed had been finished for the album, and those that were are mostly OCR regulars (such as Sixto, Chimp, and Flex, for example). I mean, yeah, if someone can get a hold of him to ask about this since this trilogy was his baby, that would probably be for the best, but his blog post did say he was gonna seek alternative avenues for his own music ("I am going to be seeking other avenues to release and promote my own content" were his specific words). And none of that appears to be on this unless it was unlisted as finished. I would suggest maybe asking the artists involved how they feel about remaining on this album without Brandon at the head in addition to trying to reach him?

Or you can disregard this post entirely since, again, I'm not part of this album. Just wanted to give my assessment of the situation and a couple suggestions.

Personally I'm with Mirby on the statement that the involved artists should be asked about this.  We had experiences with Brandon to varying degrees around the site, though like djp stated in the FF8 thread post it's best to remain professional and make OCR solely about the music.  As I have a finished track on this album, I'd prefer to remain on the album regardless of who's running it or whether it would be an OC Remix album at all, though I can imagine for some that there'll be grief no matter what happens.

3 hours ago, Mirby said:

Question: What's the plan if Brandon doesn't reply to anyone regarding this? Will it move forward as an OCR album still? I mean again, not part of the project, but just trying to figure out what's going on with an album I've been looking forward to since y'all did it as an April Fool's Joke many years ago

According to his blog post Brandon has no idea what to do about it. Hope that doesn't mean everybody will be waiting on each other for another year...

• 1 month later...

Update: I got a message from Brandon. He wants to take the FF3 project off OCR, for various reasons. The album isn't cancelled but Brandon wants to move its management and release outside OCR. You can get in touch with him here: brandonestr@gmail.com. (Please note I'm just reporting what he told/asked me to do, and that I may or may not support this decision, thank you.)