Final Fantasy III: Resurrection - Wrapping Up (Sign Consent Form!)

Brandon Strader

6 hours ago, Sagnewshreds said:

And so the saga continues.

This particular saga is ended; Brandon has requested removal of his mixes from OCR, and we have decided that it makes sense, given his continued reluctance to admit any wrongdoing and continued insistence that we are in some way at fault / corrupt / whatever.

Put frankly, I don't trust him, I don't believe he learned anything from any of this, and I believe he'd just do it all over again in a heartbeat the next time something came up that he didn't like, didn't understand, misinterpreted, etc. As much of a fan as I am of the music he personally has released via OCR, which we have stood behind, and the albums he has coordinated... if I'm taking time away from my daughters to work on OCR, it has to be for the music, for the site, and for the community, not for the twisted ego & paranoia of a single artist intent on stirring up drama, baiting people, making unfounded accusations, etc.

I am willing to endure quite a bit for the betterment of OCR, and I realize that not ALL of the tasks that I'm responsible for are going to be fun, or enjoyable, or without controversy, but I cannot be expected to indefinitely babysit the fragile ego/psyche of someone who continuously makes bad faith accusations without evidence and sees no fault in his own actions, not to mention a LONG history of claims of harassment by other community members, abusive behavior on the forums, etc.

We will be mailing FF3 artists as well as collaborators who have worked with Brandon on posted mixes, as those will remain on the site unless a consensus decision to remove is reached by all parties. Existing published albums are unaffected by this process.

It's sad, but my goodness... I can't be expected to have unlimited patience and tolerance, nor can our staff. Long time coming. Time to move on.

On 9/29/2016 at 0:52 AM, Gario said:

It's sad to hear. It's his choice, though, and I'll respect it.

I do hope the album is amazing off-site, though.

It'd be weird NOT to wish the album well... so I do as well :) And I hope many artists choose to submit their arrangements here.

An email will be forthcoming on the logistics of all of this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Like some other limboing projects, I could offer to try to wrangle what's here and there into a release if all I need to do is provide administration to it (my music energy is still all tied up elsewhere). I'm willing, though it requires the higher-ups to approve the idea and give me what's needed to do so and I hadn't gotten any feedback on past volunteer chimes to pick up the baton from them.

I'm on a few shit lists myself, so that could account for some of that, but I remain committed to OCR's central goal of accelerating video game music into the mainstream art fold with efforts like these and I have some admin time, energy and interest to do so :D

6 hours ago, Meteo Xavier said:

Like some other limboing projects, I could offer to try to wrangle what's here and there into a release if all I need to do is provide administration to it (my music energy is still all tied up elsewhere). I'm willing, though it requires the higher-ups to approve the idea and give me what's needed to do so and I hadn't gotten any feedback on past volunteer chimes to pick up the baton from them.

I'm on a few shit lists myself, so that could account for some of that, but I remain committed to OCR's central goal of accelerating video game music into the mainstream art fold with efforts like these and I have some admin time, energy and interest to do so :D

Everybody has drama. :-) No shit list that I'm aware of though. We'll get back with you!

• 2 weeks later...

@Meteo Xavier Thanks for stepping up - any issues with @Rexy as your co-director & channel of communication to staff, since she's a newly-appointed judge?

If that works for you, we'd love the help.

1. First order of business is verifying from existing artists w/ finished tracks that they're okay with releasing under new management. Don't want to make any assumptions.
  2. Second order of business is wrapping up any WIP/unfinished tracks and getting the music to 100%
  3. Third order of business is pursuing album art that jives with FF3 but also the first two albums, FF1/FF2, since it's basically a continuation, even under new leadership
  4. After that, it *should* be mostly crossing T's and dotting I's - director & artist comments, flood picks, etc.

Sound good? @Gario & @Theory of N are helping with overall album coordination, tagging them so they're aware. Would love to see this happen this year, but more important that it does indeed happen!

• 2 weeks later...

New update time. Sorry for the delay on my end everyone, I'm bottlenecked yet again and today has been particularly fucked, but I've got enough to update with all the same.

I've gotten some more WAVs from people, I appreciate that and I'll listen to them here soon. I had an ear thing late last week/early this week that made it so audio work was not in my interest, but that has been accomplished and I've downloaded and kept the .WAVs given to me all the same.

Finally got to talk to the previous project creator Brandon to see if he would release back to us the .WAVs he had on his end and he was not willing to support the project's revival (to put it mildly), which is what I expected. And as expected, this project will need to see a fairly full "Un"Brand"ing" so we can respect Brandon's wishes and the fair artistic work he put in to start with. This does not mean starting the entire thing from scratch, it just means taking what we can from the previous project attempt, putting a new frame/encapsulation on it, seeing where we need to go to from there.

I'm trying to think up some ideas of what to do that with - I've actually spent the last several weeks replaying the game on the DS unrelated to the project here and I am refreshed on the source material, so that helps. So far my best idea is Manifest Obscura, taking after the game's major plot of the big world below being shrouded from knowledge, but I'm not solid on it yet. I'm not doing the "Light and Dark" theme again - that was my last project and it has been done to death.

Most likely will need a brand new project thread for it too.

So I'll be speaking with Rexy and relevant personnel about that stuff when I can. That's what I got for now. Please keep sending me your .WAVs and let's see where we can go from here!