Final Fantasy III: Resurrection - Wrapping Up (Sign Consent Form!)

Brandon Strader

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, interesting situation here. The plan was to purge claims with no WIPs at this deadline. However, I've heard from most of the remixers, and they seem confident with their claims. So at this time nothing is going to get dropped, unless someone somehow produces an awesome finished mix for one of these claimed songs that haven't had any progress. Unlikely :lol:

So I'm bumping the next date to May 15th, however I will be expecting to see some progress by that point. And with any luck, maybe we'll even see FF2 on the front page. Or at least murmurings of it. It's fallen on me to do data entry for the site, but unlike last time, I'm having trouble making heads or tails of it a little bit. Been a bit under the weather.

A big thanks to everyone for their hard work to make this such an awesome album. Yeah, I'm saying the album is already awesome, because it is. There's a disc worth of finished songs that are shweet, and a boatload of refined, enjoyable WIPs as well. Let's do this!

• 2 weeks later...

I am interested in claiming "Forbidden Land", but I see the May 15th date and I don't know if that means I need to submit a finished product, or just a WIP. My semester ends on May 4th, so I'd be able to get started May 5th. Let me know! I'd love to add my own style to the already-string-heavy original piece :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am interested in claiming "Forbidden Land", but I see the May 15th date and I don't know if that means I need to submit a finished product, or just a WIP. My semester ends on May 4th, so I'd be able to get started May 5th. Let me know! I'd love to add my own style to the already-string-heavy original piece :)

I blame the forum update for having missed this reply.  :dstrbd:

Yes, you can have that claim!

I usually just leave a claim black until the following WIP date when something is claimed during a period.. so the NEXT wip date after May 15th is the one I'd worry about, when your claim will either go red or blue for missed or met deadline. :-)

Sorry for the late response and thank you for your claim!

I'm interested in claiming "Go Above the Clouds", would prolly work nicely in some electronic setting (maybe even with vocals). What does the timeline look like?

Also, need me to audition or am I good to go?

The timeline looks murky, try again later :lol: Kidding, well not really kidding. Just waiting for participation right now.

An audition would be sweet! All I know of your music is what I read in that NO thread in the judge decisions forum right now :) Let me see what you'd consider your best of the best work.

The timeline looks murky, try again later :lol: Kidding, well not really kidding. Just waiting for participation right now.

An audition would be sweet! All I know of your music is what I read in that NO thread in the judge decisions forum right now :) Let me see what you'd consider your best of the best work.

LOL, the stuff in that NO thread is at least 10 years old so I think I learned some new tricks since then. There's like a handful of tracks in the judges' queue right now (oldest from July last year iirc) but until any of them get judged I guess I'm doomed to send over some samples :) Which I just did, so let's wait and see :P

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's your policy on opening tracks up due to a lack of progress Brandon?

Well I'd have to say it depends on which track it is, I have heard from some of the people with no progress and they have a decent reason for not doing it yet....... but some of them don't! So let me know which one.  :twisted:

I wanna set a September 1st date to try to get some finished songs in! Good luck folks!

Well I'd have to say it depends on which track it is, I have heard from some of the people with no progress and they have a decent reason for not doing it yet....... but some of them don't! So let me know which one.  :twisted:

I wanna set a September 1st date to try to get some finished songs in! Good luck folks!

How about "The Invincible" or the "Crystal Cave"?

Crystal Cave I would say it is open, hasn't had a WIP since the project started which was years ago. If you want to give it a try that'd be cool. 

As for The Invincible, Dr. Manhattan has given some good WIPs and he still seems up for it, after his work on FF2 I'm a little hesitant to drop that one, instead I will use your request as inspiration to bug him a lot. But it may open up at a future date, just not right now. :)

To be more fair and honest here, what will probably happen is by September 1st if there's no WIP from Dr. Manhattan, I may try to find a new remixer along the same line who could make an energetic rock/metal remix of the song. I know the album is not genre-exclusive and it's open to any genre, but this has been claimed for so long that I really really just want to hear it remixed like that. 

Shrug, having said all that, I mean you COULD remix it if you want and send me something, preferably something SUPER GOOD that I would feel comfortable with replacing a rock version with, something that will ingrain itself in my brain as being the definitive mix despite the years spent with expectations for something else. :-) You could probably do it, if you bring your A game!