Final Fantasy III: Resurrection - Wrapping Up (Sign Consent Form!)

Brandon Strader

Here's my first WIP of Forbidden Land! Just the piano backing as of right now. I gotta spend more time on humanizing it all, and I will add vocals/violin to it. I am gonna make it more like a lullaby that transitions into a powerful orchestral/vocal.... thing. Yeah. :) 

https://soundcloud.com/teracmusic/wip-forbidden-land-ocr/s-F86Te

Yuuup, humanizing that doesn't seem like it would be a fun job. Personally I would have found someone to play it live rather than try to humanize an entire song.. but if that's your workflow, I'll have to trust it ;)

The humanizing(timing, velocities?) should make it sound a lot better, but it is a pretty cool start and will be a nice direction for the remix. It'd be awesome if you could keep future WIPs a little more private, not that posting 1 here right now is too big of an issue for a 1st WIP, but I'll try to get all the new people added to the private subforum to post WIPs in the future. Just gotta make sure I get everyone and don't forget anybody when I send the list of new mixers in. :-o

Well, I did record the MIDI with my keyboard but I'm still kind of a noob with FL Studio so I am not sure how to raise the velocities of the whole recording. Oh and sorry about that! This is my first time being in an OCR project so I am not familiar with the process for posting WIPs. My bad! I can delete my previous post if needed.

Nahh should be ok. If you're recording with a midi keyboard into FL Studio, it should record the velocities for each note automatically... just make sure you don't flatten them all out or raise them to max like some people do. :lol: And don't quantize the piano! If it's a naturally recorded performance then it shouldn't be so mechanical unless it has been quantized and had the velocities all set to the same volume. :-o

It did record everything but in general the volume was too low so I was trying to raise the velocities of all the notes while keeping the "human" feel to it and I failed hahaha. So I'm just gonna re-humanize it all. I have manually adjusted for mostly everything that was offbeat so that part should be done hopefully. I really need to watch more tutorials on FL....

• 2 weeks later...

It did record everything but in general the volume was too low so I was trying to raise the velocities of all the notes while keeping the "human" feel to it and I failed hahaha. So I'm just gonna re-humanize it all. I have manually adjusted for mostly everything that was offbeat so that part should be done hopefully. I really need to watch more tutorials on FL....

You can highlight all your notes and do Alt+[Mouse-wheel-roll] to adjust their velocities all by the same amount at the same time. ;)

If you have any questions about FL Studio, I'm always available! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I feel dumb but I don't know who all needs added to the FF3 subforum, not sure who is even on the list right now o.O I asked DS to add TeraCMusic though! When you see it pop up feel free to add your WIP there to the subforum!

If anyone else needs access please let me know

Don't have access yet, but I'm happy to wait until I have a WIP. That's probably gonna be after SFRG though.

Let me know when/if you get access, I left notes for Darkesword

Brandon I don't know where you "left notes" for me but I don't think I got them. Can you PM me a list of people that need access to the FF3 forum? Tera hit me on Twitter so she's all good, but if you need someone else let me know.

You can highlight all your notes and do Alt+[Mouse-wheel-roll] to adjust their velocities all by the same amount at the same time. ;)

If you have any questions about FL Studio, I'm always available! :-)

Thank you!! haha I don't have a mouse (shame on me) but I found a way to do it :) Lesson learned! 

Brandon I don't know where you "left notes" for me but I don't think I got them. Can you PM me a list of people that need access to the FF3 forum? Tera hit me on Twitter so she's all good, but if you need someone else let me know.

I thought I sent a profile feed message but I probably did it wrong :/ 

Jorito and Zyko need added too, not sure if either of them are on the list already!

• 3 months later...

Greetings, kupo...

Just a friendly reminder that y'all need to get up off your B*TTS and finish your mixes! There was a bit of a scare where katethegreat19 was all like "I gotta drop my song!" but then she was like "Nevermind, bwa ha!" so... luckily that's still happening, for the moment, I think. :) Apart from that, we're still waiting on other key tracks, and I'm a little happy to announce that mithius (of FF1 fame) is doing what he did best on the first album, which was to make an overly long but amazing and technical piece, send it at the last minute for me to mix and master, then disappear for a few years :lol: Hopefully he doesn't do the disappearing part this time. Outside of the multitude of WIPs I've been hearing from mithius, I haven't been hearing other WIPs, or receiving any WAVs or anything from anyone else. That's a bit sad and hopefully it'll change in 2016, the time for patience on my part is long well past, so when the most key remixes are received, the rest that were less essential are going to be left behind. I can only spend so many years yelling, "For gosh's sake, do your darn mixes!"

2 hours ago, Chernabogue said:

No other WIP? Really? :o But I sent at least 2 for Veggies.

:oops:oops

There were WIPs from Chernabogue for Veggies of Geasal!

....but that was it! :shock:

I'll get back to you about that Mr. Bogue!

To everyone else, I've finally adequately updated the first post... Some songs have been opened. 

Honestly, I was hoping this could work without a date, but maybe shoot for mid-January. The idea is that once the key tracks are in, for example Elia, Opening Theme and some others that are mostly done.. then things could just be finished up regardless of what is left to go -- lots of people with no progress or contact in a loooong time. I know that doesn't sound very structured, it's a bit chaotic, but I work better with chaos, and I hope other people do too. ;) I'm not saying that as soon as Kate sends a WAV everyone else is cut, but I am sayin' don't just lay on your butt!

The project is very much getting kicked into HIGHER GEAR!

Some people are working on WIPs: OA, Rexy, IanFitC, pu_freak who also claimed The Invisible, mithius, RiverSound just to name a few. I'm planning on finishing mine in January. If we can all manage to finish our songs, the album will be in good shape, and it'll be a little less stress going into the new year. :) And we'd be able to move on to other things and projects that we want to do rather than just making this one wait, am I right guys? Guys? 

• 2 weeks later...