Final Fantasy VII: The Live Action Series

FFVII_TheSeries

Ladies & Gentleman..

First off, let me just say thank you. For the many, many hours of enjoyable, captivating music. I've been a huge fan of this community for many years. The first OCRemix I ever listened to was "Ascension To Cosmo Canyon" by the late Reuben Kee, and "Metal Gear May Cry" By Jared Hudson

Reuben, wherever you are, thank you for that beautiful experience.

Now...why did I decide to sign up and speak my voice? Well, here's why.

An amazing project, 10 years in the making. By the fans, for the fans....

My name is Daniel Purcell, and I am a producer, screenwriter and music director for the biggest Final Fantasy VII project ever. Final Fantasy VII: The Web Series.

For many years, fans have longed to see AVALANCHE take down ShinRa on the silver screen. Not CGI. Not a college dorm movie. But a full production.

I am part of a team that consists of the worlds most talented people.

A team of professional movie makers, story tellers, producers, artist..my team includes individuals who have edited music video's for artists such as Taylor Swift, animation artists who have worked on the Ice-Age movies, a graphics editor who worked on the 2012 Olympic games, and a screenplay writer who probably wrote hands down the best novelization of Final Fantasy VII ever. (M.J Gallagher - Final Fantasy VII: A New Threat)

I myself, am a musician, composer, actor and well, by day...an EMT :P and most importantly, a huge FF:VII fan.

By the fans, for the fans...

When it comes to music, it must captivate, engage and relate to every fiber of your given emotion. No music does that, such as the melodies of Nobuo Uematsu.

And nobody take it to new heights like Overclocked Remix!

I don't want to pay a stranger, who has no emotional connection to the series (Even if I HAD the money). I want to devise a team of people who want to make history...

We are putting together the biggest and baddest live action series of a video game EVER!

And I'm asking for your help...

Voices Of The Lifestream, is hands down the most incredible 4 discs I've ever listened to. It's mind blowing. It made me feel things I haven't felt since I first heard the MIDI chimes of Anxious Heart and J-E-N-O-V-A...

I'm calling the V.O.T.L.S team. I'm calling out the many, many talented musicians of this community to come on board and help us re-create those wonderful melodies once more, for Final Fantasy VII: The Web Series.

Fantasy Becomes Reality...

I don't know if I'm allowed to post links here, but please YouTube search for our first trailer Final Fantasy The Movie HD Trailer. (We were originally going to do a movie) please note the actors in this trailer are not the final cast.

I look forward to hopefully working with you all, and I'm here to answer any and all questions.

Daniel Purcell

Guys, thank you so much for your reply's.

We filmed this teaser trailer over the course of 2 weeks in Italy during the summer. The trailer you are about to see, was done as a means to show that we are basically serious.

We used professional cosplay actors for the roles, as we felt they could bring the characters to life with heart, and also kept our overheads downs as they owned the costumes. These actors will not be in the final production, and the general visual stye will change. The basis of the screenplay will be based off of M.J Gallagher'ss novelization, which i a must read for any fan, Final Fantasy VII: A New Threat

(http://www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/m-j-gallagher/final-fantasy-vii-a-new-threat/ebook/product-20520065.html) (https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyViiUnofficialNovel)

So, here it is in HD. Our first teaser trailer. I hope you all enjoy, and look forward to hearing from you.

https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyVIITheWebSeries

http://www.twitter.com/FFVII_TheSeries

ffviimovie@gmail.com

www.ffviithemovie.com

P.S - The Movie was a working title. It is now a web series.

P.P.S - We would really love as much attention as possible in regards to front pages, website reviews, social media follwing and trending via FB and Twitter, so please spare a moment and help if you can.

Daniel Purcell

Screenwriter/Music Director

Final Fantasy VII: The Web Series

I think that's an understatement. If there's more to show then you'll get more attention.

Thank you for your reply and comments.

We understand this is a big project, but we have the correct people behind us to make it work. We've also been backed (some public, some private) by some of the biggest names in gaming and journalism (example: http://kotaku.com/5940305/id-totally-watch-this-live+action-final-fantasy-vii-fan-film)

We just need support. We want the biggest communities in gaming, as well as Final Fantasy. to help us. Which is why we've come to OCRemix.

I know it's a lot to ask, but we're looking to create a score similar to that of Voices Of The Lifestream. This is a lot to ask, I know. But we want to bring all communities together to work on what we aim to be the largest fan made Final Fantasy project ever, and we only want the best and most dedicated.

what all are you guys looking for? just music or do you need other roles ?

In a whole, we're looking for graphic artists, artists, designers, musicians etc.

But right now, as music director, I need a score/soundtrack. VotLS is amazing. I was looking to A) Use the music or B) Go one step further, and create a whole new collaboration with the artists. Perhaps remaster the tracks, re-do them or even create new material. Together we could do some wonderful things.

All musicians will have full credits, retain rights etc. Think of it as music inspired by Final Fantasy VII: The Web Series. It would be great publicity for both parties (Us and the community as a whole) and each individual artist.

We're looking right now for some tracks for a publicity video. A collage of the teaser trailer and some behind the scenes footage.

All in all, we're looking for the following:

1) A score for each episode. We have 2 written, both set in Midgar/Reactors/Wall Street etc

2) Scoring of the teaser trailers

3) We are also making a documentary on the project, so we could certainly do a 10 min segment on OCRemix and some interviews with the artists.

So, how do I get you guys all collaborating like you once did for VotLS?

Is there a deadline? Do the musicians have to have the music done by a certain time, and if so how much time would the musician have? Are you going to hold some sort of contest to decide which individual's music you're going to use, or will everyone be able to be involved and it will matter on who composes the better version of each song?

Argos, Hakstock & HaHa_YouAint,

You guys have raised some fantastic questions.

Please forgive me if my answers are out of order, I'm using my cell phone in the back seat of the car and it's difficult to source the questions quickly.

We will be sticking to the tracklist of the original game, in the order they appear. To help retain scenic and environmental atmosphere of each scene, I would try to depart slightly from anything trance or techno. These styles are of course welcome foe battle and boss themes.

To a certain extent, there will be tryouts in a sense that we couldn't choose 19 versions of J-E-N-O-V-A in the web series, BUT we will be making an additional downloadable album along side, that will contain tracks inspired by, but not in the series.

I am still on the fence about some things. For example, have different arrangements of the same song in different episodes. Like, one remixers version in EP1 and another in EP2. I will need to see how this translates, especially for continuity purposes.

Deadline: filming is expected to start in Italy and the United States around June 2013. Perhaps Ireland and the U.K, too. So we have a little time.

I am looking for "Anxious Heart, "Aeris Theme" and the main theme in around 4 weeks, for trailers etc.

We are also making a documentary and weekly podcast, so I am open to original music in the FFVII style also.

Right now, it's game on. Send me your music.

I would also like to talk to a moderator/ site owner regarding publicity and promotional relationships if possible.

Once again, thank you and I look forward to working with you all.

P.S - Anyone interested in making a logo for the series?

Depending on how long episodes are, I'd love to do some scoring work (perhaps not all of a full episode, but I'm gaining more and more scoring experience - hopefully my most recent commissioner posts his short that I just finished scoring soon, and I've got a couple other projects of his that are also pending release)

And hell, I even think we could even do some sort of large-scale collaborative effort. I, for one, LOVE collaborating. And me and Omni-Psy, who said he already emailed you, happen to work pretty damn well together, if I may say so myself. I think that'd be really fun, and has potential for some insanely high-yielding results if a number of people in the community had input