Final Fantasy VII: The Live Action Series

FFVII_TheSeries

There is no need to make multiple threads about this. Also I don't know how this ended up in the music production forum when it should be in recruit & collaborate. Moved.

DarkeSword, my apologies for my sloppiness. I wasn't quite sure where to post.

Perhaps a community member like yourself could help us out in regards to the project recruitment?

I have already mailed Mr. Lloyd (DJPretzel), but have heard no reply.

Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't been posting in the thread much, we've been incredibly busy.

I've gotten some heavy interest from a lot of artists, particularly acclaimed contributors to the Voices Of The Lifestream album, which is incredible!

We really want you guys on board very, very badly!

So here's an info pack that we made to give some key information.

We're looking to get as many people on board to create the most incredible soundtrack, to what we promise will be the most incredible fan made production ever.

I really hope to hear back from you soon, please e-mail me at ffviimovie@gmail.com if interested!

Here's the link to the information pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbk1so1gv2qppzn/InfoPack%20OCRemix.docx

Hope to hear from you soon!

Saw an announcement on your Facebook page indicating that OverClocked ReMix is "on board" to create music for this. That's very misleading. Here's what I posted there:

Now hang on a second. I don't think that OC ReMix staff has said anything in regards to any kind of official partnership. Your wording here indicates that OverClocked ReMix as an entity is "on board." If you have talked to individual artists that worked on VotL, that's not the same thing. I have nothing against this amazing and ambitious project, but please be careful about declaring any official involvement of OverClocked ReMix without OCR staff actually saying that's the case.

— DarkeSword

In addition, djpretzel has posted about this in this thread.

We'd really appreciate it if you took that announcement down or adjusted the wording to not imply that OCR is involved in an official capacity.

Saw an announcement on your Facebook page indicating that OverClocked ReMix is "on board" to create music for this. That's very misleading. Here's what I posted there:In addition, djpretzel has posted about this in this thread.

We'd really appreciate it if you took that announcement down or adjusted the wording to not imply that OCR is involved in an official capacity.

DarkeSword,

My sincerest apologies about the working of the Facebook post. It was not meant to be any indication of OCRemix on board as a whole entity. We simply wanted to alert people that several members of the community and artists from VotLS had given permission for us to use their music, and they has offered their service. We merely meant it in a community sense and not as a whole official collaboration.

This is simply an innocent miss-communication.

the post has been removed, also.

DarkeSword,

My sincerest apologies about the working of the Facebook post. It was not meant to be any indication of OCRemix on board as a whole entity. We simply wanted to alert people that several members of the community and artists from VotLS had given permission for us to use their music, and they has offered their service. We merely meant it in a community sense and not as a whole official collaboration.

This is simply an innocent miss-communication.

the post has been removed, also.

Thanks. I hope you guys find all the music you need.

Thanks. I hope you guys find all the music you need.

Ocremix Artists.

thanks for your replies.

Like I said, we love the talent here at ocremix and the facebook comment was simply bad wording. There was no intention of anything foul or to ill inform.

We sincerely hope we can bring on many talents, such as yourself, to the project. We strongly believe that you guys are the best at what you do, and we would simply love to work with.

My heartfelt apologies to anyone who we annoyed, offended, or confused with the post, and we hope it doesn't change any possible friendship we could have together.

We made a simple InfoPack for you guys to have a look at, so I'll link it here.

I really, really hope you guys can forgive us, and we can move forward together to create a wonderful project.

Anyone looking to come on board as an individual artist, or any community admin looking to talk to us, please contact me at ffviimovie@gmail.com

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbk1so1gv2qppzn/InfoPack%20OCRemix.docx

Regards,

Daniel Purcell

No problem, Dan. If you want to reach out to individuals who contributed and see if they'll provide their arrangements to the series on an independent basis, that's OK. Beyond the forums, the Artist pages on the site provide social media links so that you can contact artists on Twitter, Facebook, their personal homepages, or whenever we know about.

No problem, Dan. If you want to reach out to individuals who contributed and see if they'll provide their arrangements to the series on an independent basis, that's OK. Beyond the forums, the Artist pages on the site provide social media links so that you can contact artists on Twitter, Facebook, their personal homepages, or whenever we know about.

Liontamer, thanks for your reply.

Great idea! It's a lot more difficult than I thought to get these guys together, I don't think many of them have seen this thread.

We'd love to talk to some of the people involved with Balance and Ruin also, as we'd like to maybe get some helpful insight into how to approach our kickstarter.

Im not sure what kind of feeling you're going for with the score. I worked on a similar audio only production and went mostly for piano arrangements of FF7 tunes, which complimented the types stories I was telling. Certainly songs like "holding my thoughts in my heart", "that day 5 years ago", "aerith's theme", "tifa's theme" would work really well as simplified arrangements, maybe played on piano at a lower tempo with room for original arrangement. Just throwing tracks from VotL at it wouldn't work, since alot of the tracks vary in genre and wouldnt feel unified in it. You also have to deal with the fact you have spoken dialogue rather than text, so some music wont lend itself to scenes.

The reason I chose to use mostly piano music was because it gives a timeless feel, and its easier to transition from scene to scene.

Might not be the the approach you go for, but I figured I'd give something to think about.

Im not sure what kind of feeling you're going for with the score. I worked on a similar audio only production and went mostly for piano arrangements of FF7 tunes, which complimented the types stories I was telling. Certainly songs like "holding my thoughts in my heart", "that day 5 years ago", "aerith's theme", "tifa's theme" would work really well as simplified arrangements, maybe played on piano at a lower tempo with room for original arrangement. Just throwing tracks from VotL at it wouldn't work, since alot of the tracks vary in genre and wouldnt feel unified in it. You also have to deal with the fact you have spoken dialogue rather than text, so some music wont lend itself to scenes.

The reason I chose to use mostly piano music was because it gives a timeless feel, and its easier to transition from scene to scene.

Might not be the the approach you go for, but I figured I'd give something to think about.

Pixel, great point.

We don't feel we can incorporate much of the genre or style of some of the VotLS tracks, which is why we were looking for a brand new collaborative effort.

We've gotten some pretty big names attached to the project since this thread went up, in Music, Art, and Film Production, and we'd still love you guys on board. Some of the talent here is just mind boggling.

I know you guys probably get people in here all the time caliming to be doing the next best thing and making false promises, and wth the FF:VI Balance & Ruin/Square-Enix situation, some people may be nervous - well we ARE making the next best thing we're here to stay, and we're here to ask the best remixers around to come do it with us!

ikmtC.jpg

Welcome to the

Final Fantasy VII: The Web Series soundtrack/score thread.

This project was officially started on February 5th, 2013 by Dan A. Purcell.

Director::FFVII_TheSeries (

Dan A. Purcell)(Dan A. Purcell)

Project: Final Fantasy VII: The Web Series (Live Action)

Timeline:

We plan to finish by February 2014. Episode 1 WIP deadline (any kind of WIP) is June 2013, second deadline (finished arrangement) is August 2013, and Series 1 deadline is September 2013.

Confirmed Personnel:

XPRTNovice, OmniPsyence, GirlzMelon, SkyRiderX.

Tracklist:

In Progress

Remixers:

In Progress

# Of Completed Works:

In Progress

# Of Works-In-Progress:

In Progress

• 2 weeks later...