Back to back hits

Zipp

For fun, I've been creating a few seamless OcRemix albums to share with family, and friends (and hopefully get them to come to the site). I was wondering if anyone here has some favorite pairings of songs? What I mean is, songs that seem to flow right into each other, whether because of beats or style.

The one that got me started on the project was IronSword: Rise of Kuros (Brandon Strader) followed by FFVII: Duel of the Blades (Kevin Penkin). If you haven't given those a back to back listen, try it out. It's pretty fantastic.

edit: zelda's lullaby and aquatic ambience always end up melding together when i'm improvising on piano.

I could definitely hear that working out, yeah! That's like when I play Gutsman's theme on the piano, it always ends up blending into Electric Man's theme.

I used to love pairing The Rose General with Sacred Flute.

I dunno, the two just go together well for some reason.

I just tried it now. It does work, and I think it has to do with the light instrumentation of Rose General, the slow opening of Sacred Flute, and the fact that Rose ends and Sacred begins (I don't think I'm mistaken on this) in the same key.