*NO* Battletoads (GB) 'Bird of Death'

djpretzel

email sub file The Opus - Bird Of Death.mp3

My name is Chet Ellington, my mixer name is "The Opus" and my e-mail is amish_ninja2000@yahoo.com and my mix info is as follows

Game: Battletoads

Original Composer: Dave Wise

Comments: this is my first remix to this site and I am hoping to get this song submitted but i thought i would use this perticular song because i have always loved this song from the actual game, I would usually listen to it until the game finally continued without me. I felt like the song needed a somewhat more dark sound to it and I also thought that it needed some harder rock-ish type drums. I look forward to being judged and I hope you enjoy my mix!

http://www.zophar.net/gbs/btoads.zip - Track 3

Melody at :35 sounds like it's warping a bit in the low-end; dunno what you specifically call that, but it didn't sound good. The melody is certainly arranged more than Zelig's very old/dated take on the theme. The supporting instrumentation is way too repetitive. Not too much beyond some bass rhythms, basic beats and synths, and flat instrumentation with poor texture and no energy. The mood here is not dark or hard, it's plain.

Very beginner-ish, you at least have some ideas right on how to personalize your arrangement. Explore the ReMixing forum to look into better sounds and work on production techniques, then use the Works forum to obtain fan feedback before any other future submissions.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

The drums sound basic. The kick is straight from the basic soundfont sets that are available free on the net, with no effects from what I can hear. You need to filter it and EQ it to get a more fitting sound for the mix. The percussion is also basic, try making it a bit crunchier.

My main issue with this is that the focus in the EQ is on the mid-low frequencies, there's almost nothing happening at the other end, and as such you get a continued droning sound throughout the mix.

The ideas here are all right, although I'd like to see something a little less repetative. The synth you're using as a rhythm just sounds like the basic dry "plucked" plugin that comes with FLStudio. Try adding some effects to that so it's not so basic.

As Larry said, the track is beginnerish. You have the creative mind, you just need to build the skills up.

NO