Interviewing UK-Based OC ReMixers

namg

Hey all,

Long time listener of OCRemixes, apologies for the length first post.

I am proposing a potential video documentary on Video Game Music remixing, as part of a university course module on producing a Digital Arts Documentary of 10 minutes in length. What I'd like to do is create something to inform people of what exactly video game music remixing is all about, and hopefully show a few remixes in the process.

Are there any uk-based remixers out there that would be willing to be interviewed on their thoughts about remixing, how they got into it, where they see it going in the future? (amongst other things)

Ideally this would be from remixers that have been active for a number of years, but I'm open to anyone willing to talk to me!

Cheers!

Cheers for getting back to me Rexy! The idea would be to film anyone willing, at a place of their choosing (e.g maybe where your remixing takes place!), but if that doesn't work for people I think it would be okay to receive recorded answers to questions I've provided.

It's all very much preliminary stuff still, but if everything goes smoothly we'd be looking to film / get video replies in mid February.

I'm based in London and there will be three of us filming (It's a group project). Location in the UK isn't a major issue, as we may be able to get funding to travel round a bit. Filming you guys in person would be much preferred to over Skype, hence the willingness to travel.

ambient, ellywu2 and Sam Ascher-Weiss (Alex Roe) thanks for putting your names forward, that's noted.

I'll be meeting with my group tomorrow to further discuss things. Thanks to everyone so far that has expressed interest, I'll be in touch soon all going well!

Hey guys, we're currently compiling a list of topics to discuss for interview, which we should have sorted in the next few days.

For those that haven't specified already, where in the UK are you based?

For future communications, could all those interested in being interviewed send an email to vgminterviewers@gmail.com?

We'd like to have Skype those that are interested to get a feel for your thoughts on some topics relating to video game music remixing.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

For those that haven't yet replied, but are still interested in being interviewed and filmed, I'd like to get filming arranged and scheduled for no later than the 10th March. As a preliminary step, I'd like if possible to discuss dates that work for people for filming as well as to get initial thoughts on some topics listed below over Skype. Apologies for the short notice, please P.M me if still interested.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Beginnings and motivation - How did you start video game music remixing, what was your motivation?

Remixing as art - What are your thoughts on video game music remixing as an art form?

Remixing in community - What are your thoughts on video game music remixing as part of a community (e.g ocremix)

Copyright and legal issues - thoughts on the legal issues related to remixing copyrighted music

Always free? Or financial potential - Do you see video game music remixing as always being free, or is there financial potential out there?

Future - Where do you see video game music remixing in the future?

Cheers,

Niall (namg)

To everyone that responded and expressed an interest in being part of this documentary, I apologise. The documentary topic will no longer exist in its current form. After discussing progress with the rest of my group today we decided that based on the time we have to complete production and the logistics of arranging filming of enough people in the UK to satisfy a 10 minute documentary, that we would not be able to produce a worthy documentary on the topic of video game music remixing.

I am sorry that we can't carry on with this documentary, as it covered a topic of great interest to me personally. I hope that we have not wasted too much of your time already :-(

Again my apologies for this,

Niall (namg)