FF7: The Web Series collaborating with ReMixers for music!

SwordBreaker

I just got this bit of news from the official Facebook page of FF7: The Movie, or as they're calling it now, the web series. Apparently, OCR remixers are collaborating with the makers for the web series for music! Whether or not some of it is ripped straight out of VotL is still confusing to me.

Cool stuff. Looking forward to it. The trailer they put out awhile back was well-directed.

We are? When did this happen?

Must've jumped the gun or mis-interpreted the announcement. Here's the full quote from their Facebook:

"We are very excited to announce that the critically acclaimed video game remix community, OverClocked Remix, have come on board to create a unique and utterly amazing score & soundtrack for Final Fantasy VII: The Web Series!!

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form. Its primary focus is www.ocremix.org, a website featuring thousands of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

OC ReMixers have contributed to AAA titles like Mass Effect 2, Soulcalibur V, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Super Meat Boy, and more.

We are still working with the artists to bring them all on board, but we can tell you today that we have secured the talent of artists who created the best remix to date..."

Maybe it means that some of the remixers from VotL are on board in an individual basis, creating all-new original music for the web series?

We were ASKED about official involvement, but have not yet responded. Our agreement with SE most likely prohibits our involvement in an official capacity, but obviously OC ReMixers and all artists should feel free to make their own call. I don't particularly appreciate the implication/statement here that we're officially on board or involved, since we haven't agreed to be, but like I said, artists can obviously chip in independently.

My sincerest apologies about the working of the Facebook post. It was not meant to be any indication of OCRemix on board as a whole entity. We simply wanted to alert people that several members of the community and artists from VotLS had given permission for us to use their music, and they has offered their service. We merely meant it in a community sense and not as a whole official collaboration.

This is simply an innocent miss-communication.

the post has been removed, also.

I sense a lot of anger and hostility from the forum, though.

We only came here to ask if we could work together, and we have mailed DJ Pretzel personally over a week ago and got no reply.

Granted, an innocent mistake was made, but I feel that this could have been communicated back to us better rather than create a thread.

Personally, Myself and the 2 screenwriters have been massive fans of VotLS and were only looking to cross collaborate as film makers, and fans. We has no ill intentions or anything like that.

We came here to simply work together on an exciting project, and maybe gets some tips off you guys in regards to Kickstarter and your agreement with Square-Enix, so that we could maybe have some idea on how to approach the situation.

We wanted permission off every artist before we even considered using any OCRemix, also, out of sheer respect to you guys as a community.

I sense a lot of anger and hostility from the forum, though.

We only came here to ask if we could work together, and we have mailed DJ Pretzel personally over a week ago and got no reply.

Granted, an innocent mistake was made, but I feel that this could have been communicated back to us better rather than create a thread.

There's no anger or hostility. The thread was started because someone was saying he was looking forward to your project.

The statement just needed clarifying. You might want to check your wording with a member of staff next time you mention ocremix.

There's no anger or hostility. The thread was started because someone was saying he was looking forward to your project.

The statement just needed clarifying. You might want to check your wording with a member of staff next time you mention ocremix.

Yeah, no anger or hostility at all. It's just that we have certain agreements with SE (as djpretzel said) and we have to be careful about involvement in this kind of thing. I'm going to close this up, as there's already a thread in R&C about this.