*NO* Turok 2 'Port of SHRED - Turok Meets Metal'

DragonAvenger

Hi!

My name is Henry Mahy and I'd like to submit a remix!

ReMixer name: PowerThrash

Game arranged: Turok 2

Name of arrangement: 'Port of SHRED - Turok meets Metal'

Original song title: Port of Adia

P.S. I submitted a poor quality version of this a few years ago before I knew much about music production and recently I decided to remake it after purchasing decent recording software!

Thanks,

Henry

------------

• 2 weeks later...

I remember this game. Isn't this the one where you have that gun that shoots a bug or something that burrows into the guy's skull then explodes?

Great arrangement. Lots of energy, never gets boring, and your guitar chops are awesome. What's killing this mix is the mixing, particularly the guitars. There's way too much low-midrange mud. You need to bring up the presence in the guitars and trim down the lows. Play this mix back to back with a really good metal mix, like some Opeth or something, and it's easy to hear what you've got to tweak. As it is, it's just so muddy, but I would hate for a track this tight to not get on the site.

NO (please resubmit with mix tweaking)

Not even 45 seconds in and Vig has hit the nail on the head.

Really good effort, but the low end on those guitars is pretty muddy. You try turning the gain down on the rhythm guitars by 2 or 3 notches, and it would help clean things up a bit. Contrary to popular belief, less gain is sometimes more in metal. You could do with a little bit more highs end in general, as it sounds a bit flat in some regards. The lead guitars are also a bit buried from time to time. The drums could also use a little more humanisation.

This isn't a 'this is good enough', more like 'with a bit more effort this could be awesome' type NO, so please do resubmit!

NO, but resubmit!