OCR02847 - *YES* Mega Man 6 'Quirón's Mallets'

DragonAvenger

Nice solos, and a good vibe overall in this track, the soundscape is really good, and the instrumentation fits the source well in an unexpected way. The shift to making it more organic and a little calmer. I think melodically and harmonically it was very coverish, but the extended solo section and ad libbing throughout along with the instrumentation and live performances helped it feel very personalized.

Mixing was good, and the performances all clicked well together. I do hope that in future subs a little additional expansion of melodic and harmonic elements happens, but you guys are a tight group, and I think this one clears the bar.

Yes

The intro could have been half the length. Should have been half the length. It's an unaltered cover of the original, and the marimba doesn't really keep my attention past the first few bars.

Other than that the song is great. Pretty well mixed, conservative arrangement, but accentuated with nice performances. What happens at the end though? There's no ending. I think you should really add a vamp out, or something to bring down the energy. Maybe one final verse after the flute solo. It sounds like you cut out in the middle.

You've got a great start here, but you need to trim the intro, and add an outro.

NO

I wish the snare patterns were a little less vanilla, but as the track hit the soloing, that part dropped and the percussion really got room to get active.

The first 90 seconds were a well-personalized cover, IMO. I wouldn't pass a whole arrangement done this way, but everything after 1:28 with the integration of original writing with the original, followed by guitar and woodwind work on top of the base of the source from 2:09 until the end, made it an easy pass.

The progression here was solid; it started close to the vest and steadily opened up as the level of interpretation grew. Vig's high about the intro & outro crits. I mean, sure, you COULD trim the start and add more to the end, but did that really break the track as far as what we're looking for in the big picture? Not really.

Forward.

YES