Mario 64 "Powerful Mario" Remix

Skolar

I love this source. The beauty of this source is that it makes a nice blank canvas to write your own material over. I don't hear anything original until 1:13 when the piano comes in. I like the piano, it is a bit quiet, but this song screams out for great solos, right from the get-go. Several, unique solos with different instruments. And you can do tons with the drums in here too, lots of variations. A slow section, a fast one, sfx, glitching. And what about changing up those chords at some point for a unique section or breakdown?

The bass is quite muddy and indistinct. The pad is very plain and dry. Spice up the sounds, improve the bass, just generally add more and better everything. Nice start though!

Ah, all good points! Thank you very much!

I agree the bass could benefit from some better EQ'ing for sure. I'd like the bass to have this (bit that starts at 0:17) feel to it. More interesting sounds, better bass. More interesting drums, too. I'm on it. 8) What I have so far is definitely not much more than a start, I'll keep at it.

Yeah, for such a short loop, the "invincible" source really does work well as a foundation for putting all kinds of stuff over the top of it. I can hear to that chorus twice thinking I've only heard it once, it's very easy to listen to.