Interested

Depends on what kind of musical expertise you have. SInce you're asking what tools to use, I'm guessing not a lot. It's going to take a while before you can probably reach up to equal standards. It takes work. It's not as easy to make an accepted mix as it sounds listening to them.

The first time I submitted something, DJP asked me, "Are you SURE you wanna submit this? I can send it to the judges panel if you want"

I was all "No :("

And then my first ACTUAL submission was Path-ology.

I actually submitted High Above Chaos before that I think but I never got to see it on the Judges Panel. It isn't THAT bad, is it? :(

Depends on what kind of musical expertise you have. SInce you're asking what tools to use, I'm guessing not a lot. It's going to take a while before you can probably reach up to equal standards. It takes work. It's not as easy to make an accepted mix as it sounds listening to them.

Ohh how wrong you are my good sir. If you read my post, I never asked what to use, rather I asked how to submit in which I did some digging and found how to do. But Anywayz, yes I have musical and production experience. I have 14+ years of piano experience and about 5+ years of production experience. I simply need all my equipment (and time) to get started the way I want to. Trust me, from some of these mixes that I've heard, mine shouldn't be all that shabby. Trust when I say that casios or anything similar dont exist in this studio, no sir! lol

Ohh how wrong you are my good sir. If you read my post, I never asked what to use, rather I asked how to submit in which I did some digging and found how to do. But Anywayz, yes I have musical and production experience. I have 14+ years of piano experience and about 5+ years of production experience. I simply need all my equipment (and time) to get started the way I want to. Trust me, from some of these mixes that I've heard, mine shouldn't be all that shabby. Trust when I say that casios or anything similar dont exist in this studio, no sir! lol

I think there's a slight amount of cynicism from some of us because you weren't able to mouse-over the "remixing" link and find the "submissions and standards" link.

But don't let us stop you. Post what you've got sometime. Only then can they truly pass judgement.

What you need to develop is a good sense of shame, and a lack of faith in your own judgement and that of your close friends.

Only then will you be able to realise that your music sucks and you'll be too embarassed to submit it till it doesn't suck.

If you get REALLY lucky, like me, your music will suck, but every submission gets accepted into OCR anyway! :D

What you need to develop is a good sense of shame, and a lack of faith in your own judgement and that of your close friends.

Only then will you be able to realise that your music sucks and you'll be too embarassed to submit it till it doesn't suck.

If you get REALLY lucky, like me, your music will suck, but every submission gets accepted into OCR anyway! :D

I disagree. What your probably trying to quote is a small phrase "You need to crawl to walk". Shame as you put it is like saying you've given up on music (in my opinion). It's like you need to be shamed in order to learn something. Not true. Yes every producer needs constructive critisism no dout. I have no shame in what I produce because I know what I make is great (and I'm not saying this from an arrogant mind set, or from "close friends" as you put it). I know I'm good, and other producers know as well so what's it to me if a few others dont? If the judges dont like it and I get no's around the table then it's what ever for me. I'm doing this for fun, not so I can say that "I swing lower then any and everyone in here." That my friend is arrogance. Tis why when someone greater comes along these so called great veterains are left on the floor gone retarded.

Ahh... I see that post disappeared. Never mind then...

~Previously wrote~

Seriously though,

What's with all the hot heads over me about a simple mistake? It's like I obscured a vital section in your life so as you wont be satisfied till it's addressed. Point is, it was addressed once, so let it die. I think we've all past 8yrs old in not to nag too much.

The other question is that are you seriously gona treat the newbies the same way when they come here and mistakenly miss the info bar? Yes it's annoying but guess what, it cant be helped. That's the nature of a forum. So rather than submiting 20+ post about how big of an idiot the person is for missing the post, kindly direct is all I'm saying. But hey, dont let me change your life. Do what you do playaz.

The other question is that are you seriously gona treat the newbies the same way when they come here and mistakenly miss the info bar? Yes it's annoying but guess what, it cant be helped. That's the nature of a forum. So rather than submiting 20+ post about how big of an idiot the person is for missing the post, kindly direct is all I'm saying. But hey, dont let me change your life. Do what you do playaz.

You were gently directed to the right location when you made a mistake. No one called you stupid, or an idiot, or a n00b, or anything like that.

Still, it's accepted etiquette for a new person to read and educate himself before posting in the forms to ask a question, and when we, as forum members, watch hundreds of people post, "How do I submit a song?" on the board, I hope you can understand that some of us sigh in exasperation.

I understand your pain, but the thing is, I didn't come on asking a bunch of question. Like I can understand ones fustration when they are like: "Umm how do I submit a song, what's Reason, what sample quality do I need my files, how large can my files get, what style am I supposed to write in?"

See those are the type of question given to one person where yes I'd myself get fustrated about. But the thing is, I asked one question (simple one at that) that just needed a simple answer. How would that make a noob feel if he wanted to ask another question? He may not.

I understand your pain, but the thing is, I didn't come on asking a bunch of question. Like I can understand ones fustration when they are like: "Umm how do I submit a song, what's Reason, what sample quality do I need my files, how large can my files get, what style am I supposed to write in?"

See those are the type of question given to one person where yes I'd myself get fustrated about. But the thing is, I asked one question (simple one at that) that just needed a simple answer. How would that make a noob feel if he wanted to ask another question? He may not.

He may, instead, try looking it up on the Internet or elsewhere on the site first.

(don't read if you can't appreciate humor)

What's with all the hot heads over me about a simple mistake?

I don't know. Maybe it's that lost art of Internet Etiquette - first reading a forum before signing up, exploring more than just a single part of the site. Maybe it's searching for material that matches what you're looking for, reading threads 3 pages back to see if you just might've missed it.

Every forum I've went to I've followed that tactic. Read. Check out the atmosphere. Look up stuff. Every chatroom I went to I've held my trap shut, first reading about 15 minutes of discussion to see if it was worth it and if any of my babbling would fit in, contribute, or make sense.

I think we've all past 8yrs old in not to nag too much.
An 8 year old would post in an impulsive way.
The other question is that are you seriously gona treat the newbies the same way when they come here and mistakenly miss the info bar?
That's why they're newbies, right?

See, it's very simple. There's no device yet that can whack you in the face over the internet. Users don't read descriptions, don't bother to figure anything out, so this works nicely as a warning, because nobody'd ever bother to figure out something by themselves anymore otherwise.

A newbie is a newbie because they behave like newbies - blundering through everything, asking obvious questions, not paying attention, not doing any effort. Evolutionary they're a dead end if it wasn't for the speed their population increases with.

If a newbie gets turned off, has his face all turning red while feeling offended, that's nice. If they aren't showing any persistence I don't know if they're going to be a contribution, because there's always the chance that their work will be rejected. If they throw a fit already when they're missing a vital part of the rules, their anger must be enough to detonate small rural areas when one of their obviously awesome remixes is going to be rejected.

That's the nature of a forum.

But this is not so much a forum - it's a resource. OCRemix is a resource. You want to know about remixing? You go here. You want to know about submitting your remixes? You don't go here because there's a bunch of rules written down for that. It's very hard to make this clear.

There's vast paragraphs of information all written out for everyone to see if they just would bother to explore first, ask questions later.

Really, continuation of this kind of behaviour is what gets us killed when we are going to explore strange new planets. All those people who've grown up with just posting obvious questions on forums are the same ones who'll walk in the hot jungles of Omicron Persei 8 and they're going to be eaten just because they said "HELLO? ANYONE OUT THERE?"

So rather than submiting 20+ post about how big of an idiot the person is for missing the post, kindly direct is all I'm saying.

I don't know. This kind of creates a precedent on how the next newbie is going to react, which will eventually lead to questions like "How do I remix", which lead to the Dark Side.

But hey, dont let me change your life.

We're trying to change yours.

Do what you do playaz.

Just tell your grandchildren to stay out of the jungles of Omicron Persei 8.

In this case, I don't see the need to get all philosophical, because the answer is so simple. When new comers are weary of sifting through the sticky package for specific info, that is somewhat forgivable. But this question is so basic - "How do I get my song on this site". Do you think that this site, as large as it is, would not have instructions anywhere? When I came here I had the same question....and I looked the site down from the top - and sure enough, there was an "about" link, which led to a "submission instructions" link. If you want to know about a site, your best bet is to check the about section.