Sim City

Hyperion5182

Isn't this an Origin only title? I don't want to install Origin...

In no small part due to the uproar over TOR they made massive changes to the TOS and the software. Origin no longer can do what was originally allowed. And to my knowledge has not. (If it has please show me where)

But yes this may be an Origin only title.

I just don't like that you have to be connected to play. I know I'm not the only one with a sometimes unreliable internet, SimCity has always been a pretty chill game to play whenever. I do like that they're adding some cool multiplayer aspects, but I dunno. This DRM stuff is just silly sometimes.

*shrug* I've tried to fight it. Not enough people are willing to. If you're not gonna play on the basis of the DRM i get that. But not enough people agree with you and are still buying. They're not going to change without a real shakeup. And that shakeup isnt going to come from our section of the world. (By that i mean gamers.)

Games about 12 gigs in size fully installed, The amount you can do is pretty surprising. I should note that this also forces players to plan and build responsibly. This is a pretty surprising thing. Also the region modification tool probably allows the size of cities to change. But i shall 'bang the drum' so to speak because i think this game is going to be a lot of fun. In the beta i couldnt even come close to making the edges of the playfield.

This game has a lot to prove before it'll get my approval. Glassbox is nice and all, but if what the developers say about the computational requirements of Glassbox limiting the scale of cities is true, then I'd take larger scale over Glassbox any day. I don't like the fact that development can't be extended past one city's borders, either, like in SC4. From what I've seen, cities can't be next to each other visually to form a single metropolis. And no farms or subways or things like that, so I really can't make a city to my liking. I'll give it a shot if I have the chance or if they make some significant changes, but right now it's looking to be outside my realm of entertainment. Which is sad, because I've LOVED SimCity games since I first played SC2000 and have been dying for a true successor to SimCity 4 for quite a while. This game doesn't seem to be it.

SimCity4-4-Life, yo.

This game has a lot to prove before it'll get my approval. Glassbox is nice and all, but if what the developers say about the computational requirements of Glassbox limiting the scale of cities is true, then I'd take larger scale over Glassbox any day. I don't like the fact that development can't be extended past one city's borders, either, like in SC4. From what I've seen, cities can't be next to each other visually to form a single metropolis. And no farms or subways or things like that, so I really can't make a city to my liking. I'll give it a shot if I have the chance or if they make some significant changes, but right now it's looking to be outside my realm of entertainment. Which is sad, because I've LOVED SimCity games since I first played SC2000 and have been dying for a true successor to SimCity 4 for quite a while. This game doesn't seem to be it.

SimCity4-4-Life, yo.

This game might just surprise you. I want to talk about what i saw in the CBT but cant. I have to however say this: This is a new engine and system and they're working on it. I believe that expansion IS in the cards at some point, but it might not make launch. I liked the old ones as well but this definitely carries the spirit of the older games and size hasn't been as important to me as it seems to be to others.