OCR01443 - Mega Man 7 "Bombin' Shade of Blue"

djpretzel

Sweet! I always love hearing newer reworked versions of old PRC mixes (in this case Trenthian's first version of Bombing Shade of Blue was from PRC26, the first year anniversary celebration). Click that link for more Shademan love.

Great stuff as usual, Trenthian. I can't decide whether or not I love you for making such great music or hate you for making music that's so much better than what I can do.

I thought it was weird when this site didn't hve a MM7 remix, now we finally got one.

Doesn't sound too old for me, the string samples sounds perfectly fine, and there's isn't a problem with the synths and beats. The loud drum in the back may sound weird along with the rest of the arrangement, but it works for some reason.

I can't figure out the genre of this remix either. It's both sneaky and fast-paced at some points, and it's both techno and orchestra. I don't know what it is, but it sounds good.

am i the only one who heard it?

there is Super Ghouls and Ghost in this song. Starts at 2:01 and finished up at 2:20.

the song was nifty in most other regards too along the way, just needed to point that out.

EDIT: Yeah i was a dipshit, was rushing and getting the new songs. Didn't read clearly enough. Hah, my apologies.

am i the only one who heard it?

there is Super Ghouls and Ghost in this song. Starts at 2:01 and finished up at 2:20.

1) It's already mentioned directly in the writeup.

2) The song is associated with this ReMix already, i.e. http://www.ocremix.org/detailsong.php?songid=859. That song is an arrangement of the GnG original, http://www.ocremix.org/detailsong.php?songid=831.

To be honest I didn't liked this mix. Drums at 0:20 are too dry with a poor snare and very high volume. The cymbal/crash is generally anemic and badly inserted. The square wave is awesome. But the FL Slayer in 0:33 is really the sore. Even if the industrial beats are cool, I didn't got it. I'm not sure if those tracks from other games did some justice there. This was way uncreative for me. I somehow got the feeling there have many empty transitions as well.

Good stuff. But to be honest this is exactly the type of mix that I don't wanna listen to again.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01443 - Mega Man 7 "Bombin' Shade of Blue"