OCR01443 - Mega Man 7 "Bombin' Shade of Blue"

djpretzel

Its as bad as when someone intentionally plays a really fudged up guitar and people start jumping on the person for having it out of tune.

Not really. If someone plays the guitar out of tune we can give some opinions for the person to improve it. This mix is a good example of what you're talking about.

I basically did not liked it. But I gave some justifications about why it sounds awkward for me. I'm not simply jumping on the person who made it, as you said. I'm sure you haven't noticed my comment at all.

I think most of the comments given was unnecessarily positive and not constructive enough. I hope Trenthian will receive a better feedback next time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i love the beginning (chip music sounds real cool sometimes)

i start lovin it more when the strings came in 8D

ill give you a 20 out of a 10 :P!!!!!

love this song :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

( i suddenly started laughing at the mario tune at the end XD cool!)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Another excellent intro. I really like the transition from the chip tune sound into the orchestral stuff. Shortly after, the full extreme of the electro pop hits and it sounds great! The rhythmic synths really help drive this piece. The drums are great as the switch between break beat and a more four-on-the-floor style. I've always been a fan of great production with a cool chiptune lead in there. You pull it off really well. The marcato strings and how you use them remind me a lot of Audix's work and it sounds wonderful. The brass is hurting a bit in this track like it does in some of your past work, but again, that's a small complaint. Lots of dynamic shifts make this interesting and keeps my interest. Once again, the arrangement shines here. Love the Mario cameo in there. Terrific work!

• 1 month later...

Totally excellent work here, the percussion is absolutely slammin- i love that thick sizzling reverb tail on the hits. The brief megaman theme cameos were awesome, and the varied soundscape was good. a few weak samples here and there, but it was held together by both the strong arrangement and the good production.

Mario ending was cute but a little confusing.

Overall a cool synth/hybrid mix that does a lot of stuff right.

Quite recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really groovin' piece, and I like it a lot. A lot of what makes this interesting to listen to is how the mood and, to some extent, the texture changes from section to section, especially the Ghosts and Goblins inspired sections. Plus the intro and ending makes this piece feel like an actual run through a Mega Man level. Also is the ending a Mario allusion or am I just imagining things? :shock:

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

One of my top five favorite Robot Masters. Always loved to play through the level with the alternate Ghosts and Goblins Graveyard theme, but the original theme is still good as well. Really glad that you ReMixed both together and managed to do some justice to the themes. Mario cameo at the end was kinda weird, but it still made me smile. For a game that didn't seem to live up to the other six before it, this Robot Master and it's theme was one of the positives, so it's cool to hear a sweet ReMix for him.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01443 - Mega Man 7 "Bombin' Shade of Blue"