Why are the avatars so limited?

Ringworm128

We don't offer custom stuff otherwise, because we don't want ugly images, or annoyingly stretched/animated stuff. :-)

We have over 1000 to pick from, so they're not truly limited. But if you or anyone else wants to make more according to spec (32 x 32 GIF, good quality/sharpness, not animated), I can eventually add it. But adding more avatars is admittedly a low priority. OC ReMixers and staff are allowed to have custom 32 x 32 GIF avatars.

We don't offer custom stuff otherwise, because we don't want ugly images, or annoyingly stretched/animated stuff. :-)

We have over 1000 to pick from, so they're not truly limited. But if you or anyone else wants to make more according to spec (32 x 32 GIF, good quality/sharpness, not animated), I can eventually add it. But adding more avatars is admittedly a low priority. OC ReMixers and staff are allowed to have custom 32 x 32 GIF avatars.

Quoted with emphasis. :P

btw Larry, if you're cool with the quality of the avatars I've put together, I could gather and eval all the avatars ppl have suggested and pass on the ones that I think are up to par. It's not a high priority, but it's one of those things I usually have some spare time and energy for.

It is unfortunate that any project, regardless of size (minuscule in this case), has to be doomed to a back burner, especially when it is something that would increase the user's satisfaction. But that is the downfall of a tiny, preoccupied staff and older forums.

Minuscule in size and importance. Not many people are chiming in here complaining about avatars, doesn't seem to be a widespread issue.