OCR02599 - Mega Man X8 "Iron Will March"

djpretzel

Already wondered why this wasn't posted together with Sixto's "Winged Reploid" as a teaser for the album.

Both sound really awesome and fit perfectly for the end of the soundtrack. I really like the slow beginning which turns into a massive monster.

And the part from 2:26 ongoing is just f****** awesome! :)

Holy cow, this sounds really muddy on skullcandies. I also hear loads of clipping. o.o Hopefully it would sound better on good headphones. Left those at home.

EDIT: My bad. I actually had two windows open at the same time, each playing offsetted (apparently Firefox things offsetted isn't a word) youtube video previews, and they screwed up the sound. xD Yeah, sounds great. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That intro.....holy crap man, so good! Now this is what a battle against a powerful enemy is supposed to sound like. And after 1:57 hit, damn! I particularly like how you can hear the guitar getting ready to hit as the music box was winding down instead of just stopping the box and going to guitar. The combination of metallistic guitar playing, rapid drums and even a little ominous music box at the beginning and end, just fantastic! Wonderful debut!

• 2 months later...

Absolutely fantastic. This is tear-your-mother's-face-off-and-feed-it-to-you metal, and it's what a final boss theme should BE. The soft opening gives it just enough nuance and character, and the build-up to that initial crash is done perfectly. The way the rhythm bass mimics the wind-up noise at the start is brilliant. Almost makes me want to play the game.

Almost.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02599 - Mega Man X8 "Iron Will March"