OCR02600 - Hedgewars "Hogs of War"

djpretzel

It's great to hear a remix from an open source game for a change. I think there are some hidden gems out there - or at least some potential hidden gems. I'd like to be able to exploit that when I get proficient enough.

This one should have been in the game originally :). I can imagine it being in a loop during gameplay, and it wouldn't get annoying. Five stars.

Yes! It's a mix from a game I've actually played! :tomatoface:

I still remember when the three of us played this at my house :-) That was a super-fun night, I can't even remember whether it was you or DarkSim that introduced it to everybody.

Not much more I can say aside from what I left in my judge comments, but this mix will always remind me of that night! So glad to see this on the front page, mate :-D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Making trance that doesn't get boring/repetitive or seem like it takes too long to hit a groove is key, and obviously after hearing this, DarkSim has that key. Fantastic, especially the second half where it picks up and then drops into those thick beats. Nice work.

• 1 year later...

So, trance is suppose to be repeatitive, right? Well, even is this is so, I never got bored of this one. Love the transition at 1:12 that makes this mix more variable and also give some time to gain energy for next, groovy section. I don't like how the source sounds. But this is solid hard-hitting action, that's japanese-flavored as well. BTW, dat bass is cool.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02600 - Hedgewars "Hogs of War"