Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega Genesis)

Name of Arrangement:

Ethereal Skies

Name of song arranged:

Sky Chase Zone

Original Composer:

Masato Nakamura

Link to source track:

My arrangement is included in the attachment.

This is a piano arrangement for Sky Chase Zone from Sonic 2. The original tune is very chill and calming... A relaxing and nicely paced song. So I wanted to convey it a little more by taking advantage of my applied reverb, and playing the tune without any of my typical arpeggios. So I played it nice and slowly and added my own section in the middle of the song.

I used Logic Pro as my DAW. I used the Galaxy Vintage D library for the piano sound.

--------------

So this is nice and all. Relaxing, nice tune. Right sort of length for something this simple.

But seriously, this is too much reverb. Like, twice as much as needed to give the same effect without drowning it.

After consulting with my fellow joojes and after much personal reflection, I have decided that this is not a big enough deal for me to ask for changes, even though I think it would be better with less verb. You may pass.

YES

Yeah, I'm in the "too much reverb" camp, to the point where it adversely affected the arrangement and just needlessly made it sound lossy. That said, on the seesaw of the arrangement quality vs. the production quality, I'll live with it given the strength of the arrangement. Let's go.

Welcome aboard, Joe, keep 'em coming!

YES