My SONIC Modern Mixes on youtube! Marble Zone, Ice Cap, Flying Battery and more!

Boxrobotstudio

Hey guys, just wanted to share a bunch of remixes of classic Sonic stages made to sound more modern ala Sonic Generations. I've been making these for a few months, and plan to do more stages.

Please check them out if you're a Sonic fan, and subscribe if you want to see more.

Thanks and stay fast!!

Marble Zone

Flying Battery Zone

Ice Cap Zone

Mystic Cave Zone

Marble Garden Zone

Death Egg Zone

Chrome Gadget Zone

Sonic 3 Special Stage

Thanks

Hey guys, just wanted to share a bunch of remixes of classic Sonic stages made to sound more modern ala Sonic Generations. I've been making these for a few months, and plan to do more stages.

Please check them out if you're a Sonic fan, and subscribe if you want to see more.

Thanks and stay fast!!

Marble Zone

Flying Battery Zone

Ice Cap Zone

Mystic Cave Zone

Marble Garden Zone

Death Egg Zone

Chrome Gadget Zone

Sonic 3 Special Stage

Thanks

Nice man! Love Marble Zone. I feel you could probably turn up the guitar a bit, but great arrangement you've got there.

Flying Battery is pretty good too, but feels a little too sequenced, if you understand what I mean. Like maybe too perfect? At the same time it's a cool sound.

Ice Cap is iffy. Not sure what to think of it. Like the beat you sampled there, and the potential is great. It gets off to a pretty weak start, though. I almost wonder if starting with the bass and drums would've sounded cooler.

Holy crap dude your arrangement of Mystic Cave Zone is killer. Love it. Got off to a great start and the guitars sound better in this one. Reminds me of the Modern Sonic remix arrangement from Sonic Generations of Chemical Plant Zone or whatever it is from Sonic 2. The way that one was done was really nice. Possibly my favorite. Up against Marble Zone.

I see what you were trying to do with Death Egg Zone, though I'm not a huge fan of it. I like the guitars and the bass is nice, but everything else just sort of is there.

Chrome Gadget is nice. Like the guitars there. The way you did that one is nice. Also feels a bit too perfect but again, at the same time that sorta sounds cool.

I like the Special Stage, though I feel that the synths are flat. Maybe add vibrato to the ends of the notes? Just do something to add on to it.

I hate Sandopolis Zone! Lol not your remix. The actual stage. ^_^ The way you did it is nice, but I feel the mix isn't all that great. Drums need to come out more. They are way too compressed and quiet.

Yeah. That's pretty much it. You're using the Studio Tight Kit and the Attitude Bass throughout those remixes. :P Yes I use Logic Pro too.

• 4 weeks later...

Consider yourself as having a brand new soundcloud/youtube subscriber :) Some beaut stuff on there!

I really admired the Jun Senoue-esque guitar you've tried to apply to each of the tracks. It's really worked in some of them, and for some it sounded a little out of place.

The ones that sounded the most 'generations'-y for me were the tracks that had slight tempo changes to their usual tracks. Ice Cap, Marble Zone, Mystic Cave and the Special Stage were standouts for me, although G-Mixer is spot on about the synths sounding a little flat in that last track. You might be the one to get me to upgrade to Logic Pro sooner rather than later :)

Looking forward to hear more tracks from you!