The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD for Wii U

Devyn

So, if you don't mind, why don't we talk about the Wind Waker remake for a bit? It's obvious that there are a lot of people excited about this game. I'm really eager to hear what new features will be added. So I'm going to toss some hypothetical questions out there and if you feel like you can come up with some answers, then go for it. Of course it's going to be here say but go for it.

First, how will the gamepad be implemented? For a map, or for stylus navigation on the seas? Both? How about aiming, and the picture box?

Second? Will there be new dungeons? Many know that the original was supposed to have more but Nintendo had to get the game out. Also, it was stated that Nintendo originally wanted to make more of Hyrule accessible. Being able to actually walk on Hyrule ground near the end of the game was creepy yet very awesome. I would like to see more of it.

Another feature that I would like would be more "real" islands. Larger landmasses. More houses, forests, caves. I understand that water is a central theme in the game, both in style and design, but I would like some more land too.

What else can we speculate?

Allow me to write notes on the maps using the Gamepad, even the area maps, so I can track quests and solve dungeons. Maybe charge for bottles of "magic ink" to keep LoZ's trademark difficulty and immersion (rupees, not DLC)

They should add a second form for the final battle. That would be a real treat for WW vets.

User-made, decorative islands that people can create, download, and rate.

The Hyrule Historia mentions an idea to use a fishhook item that would pull you up from sunken Hyrule to the surface.

Why not allow these user-made areas to be areas of sunken Hyrule, and you use the fishhook to get there?

Nintendo giving players choice in their Zelda adventure? NAAAAH!

All they have to do is remake the Tingle quest near the end so that it's not so tedious and it would be the best Zelda game in years.

The Hyrule Historia mentions an idea to use a fishhook item that would pull you up from sunken Hyrule to the surface.

Why not allow these user-made areas to be areas of sunken Hyrule, and you use the fishhook to get there?

That's a good idea because it stays out of the main map, letting Nintendo keep the overworld "streamlined."

I'd wish for a dungeon-maker instead of this being decorative, but it just doesn't seem like something Nintendo would do.