Who are your favorite video game composers?

Jorgonian

Hey guys, im fairly new to the forums. It's nice to be part of a community dedicated to my two favorite things: music and video games!

But anyway, I've been unhealthily obsessed with Borderlands 2 for the last few months. Anyone else been playing?

The music in this game is so sick, I didn't realize that Jesper Kyd was such a badass. I recently went back and listened to some of his older game soundtracks like Batman and Robin and they're amazing for the time they came out, let alone as musical compositions alone. The dude is a freaking genius.

Also Akira Yamaoka who did the older Silent Hills is amazing. Silent Hill 2 has got to be one of my favorite soundtracks ever. So ambient and emotional at times, and gritty and disgusting at other times.

And of course Marty from Halo. One of my favorite parts of those games has been hearing the music as I play through the levels. Neil Davidge did an awesome job with Halo 4 too. I love the electronic styling that he added. Plus Massive Attack is the bomb.

I could talk about this stuff forever, what are your guys favorite video game soundtracks/composers?

Many of those previously mentioned, plus David Wise, Grant Kirkhope, Hirokazu 'Hip' Tanaka, Kouhei Tanaka, Kazuo Sawa, Koichi Sugiyama, and Miyamo Shant.

I could probably name more if I knew the names... but let's just say too many of those whose medium was the Famicom chip set have a place in my soul for ever.