userid: 31308

ReMixer name: Trainbeat

userid: (none)

SUBMISSION INFO

Name of the games arranged: Mega Man 9

Name of the arrangement: Mega Blocked

Name of the individual songs arranged: Concrete Man

Link to original: http://youtu.be/czs3xtuJxUQ

Comments: OKAY. Now I'm serious. Like, real serious. I've given a huge boost on improving my production skills these last months, and I think it's really starting to pay off. Here's a much cleaner, clarified mix, boosted drums, reviewed sound design. And of course, I fixed the panning issues :)

A lot of credit goes to Sébastien for fixing the levels and some of the panning problems. And WillRock gave me tons of awesome feedback to help me get better. Thanks guys :D

So yep, I believe this is much, much better than my last attempts, and I sincerely hope you guys will think the same

Thank you all once more for your awesome work, and please enjoy! :)

Edited by djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...

Cool sonics, you do lo-fi pretty well.

The arrangement is pretty conservative. Much of the time it sounds like what the original would have sounded like without the 8-bit limitation. However, the adaptation is done very well, and various melodic flourishes do push it out of the range of what I would call a straight-up cover. The organic elements (piano, guitar) are pretty well implemented, though they seem out of place and unnecessary within the context of the track. They aren't terrible or anything, but I don't think they need to be there.

Pretty solid mix though overall.

YES

this track does a great job of using simple waves and samples to good effect. there's a certain spareseness to the soundscape at times, but it's not really a bother to me. surprising how chilled out this song makes me feel despite the high tempo and guitar stylings later in the track. awesome solo sequencing, your stuff definitely has a noticeable WillRock influence. :)

pretty solid on both the arrangement and production fronts. good stuff.

YES

• 2 weeks later...

As I listen to this song, the emoticon with the dude butting his head against the wall (this guy: :banghead:) is going in time with your guitar solo. Just throwing that out there.

The song is a bit on the slight side, but I was impressed with how much you were able to do with so little. I never felt bored or underwhelmed by what was going on. Better to err on the side of too little, I've always felt. Good use of reverb and other effects to add depth and detail when needed. The live instruments were integrated pretty well, though the cymbals in the chorus stood out a little. Still overall, I want to pass this.

YES

• 2 weeks later...

I remember this track. The main issue I have with this is the slightly out of place guitar, but the piano seems to work better in the soundscape than I remember. Awesome guitar solo tho. But yeah, this is great stuff. Nice clean production, with great use of reverb, and the panning and attention to detail with the sound spatialisation really gives this a wonderful depth, particularly for headphones.

Arrangement is cool too!

YES