A compo idea I had.

Draconiator

theoretically you could just set it up like the RWTS compo in terms of voting couldnt you? just have people upload the songs for download, put them in a zip file and reupload it with a link which you post in the thread. then you just have people just pm you the top 3 or however you wanted to do it?

hmmm...I could do it that way too.

Also I have a pretty big collection of game music (1.1GB using native file formats[psf, usf etc.], 10,247 files in 196 folders, all categorized by game), so I will not run out of source tunes anytime soon.

So I will get started on the initial writeup...and get this going. I'll need a better name though....what would you name something like this?

Edit: Nevermind, got one. based on my story even! "Musical Replacement Initiative", or MRI....and me being the wierd person I am will probably use an MRI machine in the logo.

Edited by Draconiator

Making originals is a whole lot easier for me. I love the idea of this competition. I like to compose to pictures of landscapes, space, and basically any background picture. So my question is; will you post a picture of the place where the source is from, because that would also help to give a feel of what to compose. It would actually cause us to place ourselves in the same mindset as a composer. I would love to join this when it begins.

Sure, I will try to do that. Some pictures may be just of world maps though (I'm using every system for my source tunes just about).

You don't need a voting area for this kind of thing. Just get PMs from people.

If the compo gets big enough, a social group would probably be a good idea to facilitate voting, no? Works swimmingly for Mega Man compos.

Also, I have no idea how those are created. Can only an admin/mod do it, or can the plebs create a social group?

• 1 month later...