Humanising in reason

Tydin

Literally just a quick question, I read somewhere that reason 5's Regroove is great for humanising tracks, I've never used it for its intended purpose as I tend to place the notes in the manner that I know I want without the assistance of Regroove to get the groove I want. But using it to humanise a track? Is this wise? What experiences have you reason users had with this? Any advice or tips?

Keep in mind I'm very much a self taught novice with mixing so I hope you're patient with me.

Literally just a quick question, I read somewhere that reason 5's Regroove is great for humanising tracks, I've never used it for its intended purpose as I tend to place the notes in the manner that I know I want without the assistance of Regroove to get the groove I want. But using it to humanise a track? Is this wise? What experiences have you reason users had with this? Any advice or tips?

Keep in mind I'm very much a self taught novice with mixing so I hope you're patient with me.

I've never actually bothered using it. Its always screwed up my track (probably because I don't use it properly :P) and I like to have complete control over my sequencing. I don't like changing grooves later. There are plenty of other ways to humanise tracks that imo give you much more depth and control than regroove.

In edit mode you can use (W) to switch to the pen and draw in the velocities. Press F8 and there's a Note Velocity randomizer too. I never used ReGroove yet but it's supposed to work well. I manually move the programmed notes a little while "snap" is uncheck, just so that it's not aligned perfectly but I do it for every single note (when I do it). reGroove is supposed to do it all for me but I haven't invest much time in it. Might be worth it.