Sony PlayStation 4

Crowbar Man

Sony announced that you can now buy PSN games/DLC through Amazon (for PS3/Vita/PS4). This is pretty interesting, because if Amazon can set their own prices it could lead to more sales/discounts for digital downloads which is sorely needed in the console digital realm. We'll see how this turns out

PS4 controllers are interfaceable with Vitas, apparently

They also work on PS3 and a PC (if you use a USB cable, not wireless)

Sony announced that you can now buy PSN games/DLC through Amazon (for PS3/Vita/PS4). This is pretty interesting, because if Amazon can set their own prices it could lead to more sales/discounts for digital downloads which is sorely needed in the console digital realm. We'll see how this turns out

They also work on PS3 and a PC (if you use a USB cable, not wireless)

PSN isn't like the WiiU eShop. The deals are already great with the PS+ discount

Edited by Brandon Strader

PSN isn't like the WiiU eShop. The deals are already great with the PS+ discount

PSN is decent but its nothing compared to the awesome deals you can get everywhere on Steam (Amazon, Greenman, HumbleBundle, etc). Not sure why you mention the eShop, Nintendo is far behind in the digital distro realm, not leading the pack. Steam is obviously the leader there. I'd love for the day that console game prices get as flexible as what Steam offers. Sony is definitely stepping in the right direction here though!

ocre:

Kinda what I was afraid of with Knack. It didn't particularly look grasping from the small amount of actual gameplay footage they've released. :/

Ah well, I'm sure Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Media Molecule, etc will come up with something amazing sometime in the future :)

Edited by Crowbar Man

I was just pointing it out because you mentioned the console realm of digital shop prices. PSN is leading where that is concerned, with their PS+ discounts, as I mentioned, which started what, a few years ago? Maybe more. I'd like to see that kind of pricing move to the eShop but without charging $50 a year for "Nintendo Plus" or something. We all know the features the Wii U is missing could be charged for, I just hope it doesn't come to that.

Comparing PSN to Steam isn't particularly fair because Steam is not a console. In terms of the 3 consoles, PSN does it best, Xbox has some good summer sales and good discounts on occasion, and are doing the free game thing now too like PS+ is doing. Hopefully Nintendo starts following that trend too.

I'm not convinced Amazon could offer better deals than PS+, and the prices for digital keys will probably be mostly regulated by Sony, but we'll see how it goes.

Nintendo's prices have been really terrible, as much as I'd love for them to improve I wouldn't hold my breath. At least they finally merged the 3DS and Wii U eShop into one balance.. baby steps I guess. Next stop is to tie digital games to an account... you know something we've had since 360 was introduced :/

But yeah... MS and Sony are the leaders in console space for digital distro. Sony has definitely been ahead of the game since the PS+ was introduced. Hopefully they will continue. Still wish brand new games were cheaper digial than physical... the problem with all 3 digial shops on consoles is half the time i can find the physical versions cheaper (on top of being you know... physical, Automatically better IMO) Though, I am happy the share feature is available for the PS4. I can definately make use of that for sharing between family members and friends.

As far as Steam not being fair to compare to... Steam is technically edging its way into "console space" (Steam Machines). PSN covers more than just a single console (PS3, Vita, PS3), and Sony has been talking about the possibility of bringing PSN content to platforms beyond Sony's (Mobile, PC, etc) so... its a battle of digital services in general now really. Steam, PSN, XBL.. heck maybe even eShop (probably not) could all be competing across multiple hardware one day. Something to think about at least

Edited by Crowbar Man

Next gen is gonna be expensive all around q.q - and I agree that digital should be less than physical - gee idk why tho...maybe because there's no shipping or BlueRay writing involved (w/e you call the process of imprinting a game onto a disc).

But I've also heard a lot of rumblings that the gaming industry is heading for another crash anyhow...so this is gonna be an interesting generation...I think I'm gonna wait a year or 2 before buying my PS4 (&%$^ the Xbone) :nicework:

I can't understand why anyone would follow these losers on Twitter anyway. Half the time, including Sessler's meltdown just boils to this:

"Oooh! Look at me! I know something you don't, but I can't tell you yet!!! PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEE, I'M A GAME JOURNALIST! I'M IMPORTANT! LOOK AT THIS FREE STUFF I GOTZ!!"

There are good "journalists", but it just doesn't seem to be enough of them. The gaming press is fundamentally broken, and I gave up on them a LOOOOOOOOOONG time ago, there's not a snowballs chance in hell they'll get any better.

The district manager at my Gamestamp was worried that we wouldn't sell out of our systems. I pointed him to a few tables located in the food court that had a large-ish group of folks.

"These folks have been here since noon. They are non reserves for the PS4. We are going to sell out. If by morning they aren't sold, I will take a month paycut."

"Imma hold you to it."

11PM Status Update. All systems sold.

DUNK'D

So they officially announced Uncharted 4 (with a teaser trailer)

and Infamous Second Son is delayed from February to March 21, 2014.

I'm kinda annoyed that all they announced was basically Uncharted 4, and the Last of Us DLC. Nothing else was new or really had anything new to show. What happened to the "mind-blowing" announcement, or was it Uncharted 4? The fact there would be Uncharted 4 is kind of a given, not a mind-blowing announcement.

Has anyone experienced any motion sickness while playing Killzone SF? I was watching my brother play it and got very nauseous. I've never had that from any FPS before. It might have been his 70+ inch television set, which in not used to. It was an odd experience.